• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any recommended rabbit treat recipes?

Azucena

Alpha Buck
Looking to try some rabbit treat baking! Preferably with as little fruit/unhealthy stuff required as possible (but don't tell them that...). Thanks :)

Good luck with that. I tried it once and was nearly physically sick with the smell. Seriously, it's really that bad. Well the recipe I had was anyway!

So my advice would be to buy ones without sugar! :lol:

They are really rewarding & cheap to make . I never buy rabbit treats. This is my recipe:

2 cups of ground excel or fibrafirst
1/2 carrot, pear & banana (grated / mashed)
Pinch of echinacea
Fenugreek Powder

Combine together, form in to caecotroph looking splodges & bake / dehydrate

They are stinky!! You could reduce the fruit to make them healthier but they need some moisture to bind them

They are really rewarding & cheap to make . I never buy rabbit treats. This is my recipe:

2 cups of ground excel or fibrafirst
1/2 carrot, pear & banana (grated / mashed)
Pinch of echinacea
Fenugreek Powder

Combine together, form in to caecotroph looking splodges & bake / dehydrate

They are stinky!! You could reduce the fruit to make them healthier but they need some moisture to bind them

Thank you for sharing this recipe - I haven't put echinacea in but hopefully the boys will love them. The smell was somewhat helped by the fact I am cooking a spinach and paneer curry at the same time :lol:

Thank you for sharing this recipe - I haven't put echinacea in but hopefully the boys will love them. The smell was somewhat helped by the fact I am cooking a spinach and paneer curry at the same time :lol:

You're welcome & I hope they enjoy them too. Nowadays I add dried forage to mine to bulk them out. Aren't they labour intensive though? I think they are a right pain to make (well shape). The sight of Boo madly periscoping to locate the smell is worth it though :love:

You're welcome & I hope they enjoy them too. Nowadays I add dried forage to mine to bulk them out. Aren't they labour intensive though? I think they are a right pain to make (well shape). The sight of Boo madly periscoping to locate the smell is worth it though :love:

Naww Boo periscoping :) I thought I would start with the basics - I am so hopeless at baking that I might even fail at making these :shock:

I just make hay cookies from the dust left at the bottom of the hay bag...

Just stick that in a bowl and mix it with a little Ellas Kitchen baby food - just enough that it holds its shape.

Mold into whatever shapes you want then stick in the oven on 80degc for around 3 hours (until dry throughout) Flip them over after an hour so they don't stick to the tray.

They need to be completely dry because if not they'll go mouldy within a couple days.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I just make hay cookies from the dust left at the bottom of the hay bag...

Just stick that in a bowl and mix it with a little Ellas Kitchen baby food - just enough that it holds its shape.

Mold into whatever shapes you want then stick in the oven on 80degc for around 3 hours (until dry throughout) Flip them over after an hour so they don't stick to the tray.

They need to be completely dry because if not they'll go mouldy within a couple days.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thank you - I have saved your recipe too :D

Back