• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lola's gone :(

KarenM

Administrator
Staff member
She was unwell this afternoon so we took her straight to the vet. Her body temp was very low and she had a very high blood glucose reading, indicating an obstruction which was confirmed by x-rays. Surgery was the only option but the vet felt her prognosis was very poor in this case and so we thought it kinder to let her go. :(

I'm now in a dilemma as I don't want more bunnies but also don't want Alfie to be on his own. He'll be 8 next month and is still full of life though, so could (hopefully) have many years ahead of him. Not sure what the answer is really..... :(

I'm so sorry you have lost Lola :cry: I don't know what to suggest about Alfie. It's very sad.

So sorry about Lola. I fear this dilemma but I suspect I'd choose to get another unless I could maybe move single bun into the living room or something where they would very more company.

I so sorry that you lost your little lady. :( Would it be possible to have Alfie inside as a single bunny and give him lots and lots of attention to stop him from getting lonely?

I'm so sorry about Lola :cry: it is a dilemma about Alfie, could you have him indoors, or some rescues ( I'm sure I've heard) foster rabbits out long term in this sort of case so you don't keep ending up with a lone rabbit.

I'm so sorry to read this. It's such a terrible shock when it's something sudden and unpredictable.

No advice regarding Alfie but sending him cuddles on the loss of his second wife :cry:

Thanks all. Lola's always been so healthy - she's only ever needed to see the vet for her vaccinations - so it was a huge shock. :(

Alfie would do very well indoors as he's such a laid back, confident little man but we have two dogs and one of them has a very high prey drive so coming inside isn't a realistic option.

I don't want him to be alone but, if I do bond him again, I'm just going to be in the same position in the future when one of the pair dies.

Sent from my Lenovo A7600-F using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that you've lost Lola, don't know what to suggest for the best. Nose rubs for Alfie. Binky free Lola xxxxxx

I'm so sorry :cry:.

We were in the same dilemma a couple of years ago and had decided not to get another bunny. Cassie was on her own for 3 months and we tried to get her to come in the house but she was so uncomfortable and she was miserable (even though she was never bonded with Katy they did live next to each other) it was never going to work. I then came across Rambo on here (I was not specifically looking) and have never regretted getting him as they are both so happy. I have never looked back as it has been right for both of them.

However, I will be in the same situation when one of them goes (which I don't want to think about). It is very difficult. I think I would do the same again and see how the single bun coped being on its own and then take it from there.

Sorry to read this :( RIP Lola. We've often thought about what to do when one of ours goes but it's not something we've had to face yet: best of luck with your decision, I have no real suggestions!

I'm so sorry you lost Lola :(
I totally understand your dilemma, I have three single buns, all of them are lonely, and I really hate it :( they are all house buns, but I work full time, and so all of my evenings are spent alternating between them, trying to give them some company. It's exhausting:( I hope Alfie is ok xx

Back