• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Friends just bought Easter bunnies U/D 2/4/16

aaammmyyy

Mama Doe
:cry:

A girl who was in my college class (she's 17) has just bought two female rabbits from a pet shop for her 4 year old brother for Easter :cry:

No words, what happened to not selling rabbits up to Easter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hmm, I just hope that even if they are not nurtured that they at least are given there vaccinations, cleaned out frequently and handled well and fed a proper diet. I really hope those bunnies don't just get put in a cage and fed each day :/

What's the chance one isn't actually female too...

Let's prey that is not the case. If they do look after the bunnies properly then they will get there vaccinations (even if they choose not to get the bunnies nurtured) and the vets will check to make sure there healthy and confirm the genders. I'm just really hoping they do look after the bunnies properly...

What's the chance one isn't actually female too...

That's what I was wondering...

They came from a private pet shop so apparently they're still allowed to sell!

Hopefully they do take care of them properly, and I've explained about how rabbits fight when they mature etc

I give it till July!

Let's prey that is not the case. If they do look after the bunnies properly then they will get there vaccinations (even if they choose not to get the bunnies nurtured) and the vets will check to make sure there healthy and confirm the genders. I'm just really hoping they do look after the bunnies properly...

Let's hope! She knows I'm knowledgeable with basic rabbit care anyway so *hopefully* she will text me if she needs advice, I've not shoved advice down her throat I've just thrown it into the rabbit conversation, here's hoping it's not what we see every Easter x

Let's hope! She knows I'm knowledgeable with basic rabbit care anyway so *hopefully* she will text me if she needs advice, I've not shoved advice down her throat I've just thrown it into the rabbit conversation, here's hoping it's not what we see every Easter x

Yeah well fingers crossed that it will all work out :)

Yeah well fingers crossed that it will all work out :)

They're going to the vets next week, the guy in the shop didn't explain about vaccinations or anything and they're getting the vaccination next week, so that's good
I'm so glad I did message her, even if it just means they get their vaccs that makes me feel better haha X

They're going to the vets next week, the guy in the shop didn't explain about vaccinations or anything and they're getting the vaccination next week, so that's good
I'm so glad I did message her, even if it just means they get their vaccs that makes me feel better haha X

Brillaint, at least that's a good start! :D

Hopefully the vet will advise on spaying and back you up :thumb:

Are they going to a bunny-savvy vet?

Honestly I'm not sure as she lives about 45 mins away from me and gets the train to the area everyday!
I've recommended her my vets though as I believe they're halfway in between us :)

I can't do much more than I've done now unfortunately which I don't like haha, she's got all the advice I just have to hope she takes it x

well that's a start hopefully, I know I had someone once who could ask me for advice however they chose not to like me and went behind my back with things, still do now :(
hopefully the vet will recommend spaying due to uterine cancer etc, its hard I know, at least you made them consider vaccinations x

As horrible as it is, if she doesn't listen to you then she will regret it when they start fighting and presuming they are kept long enough, she will start listening after realizing that you were right. I bet they won't be handled properly either as 4 year olds are well known to be heavy handed, which could well result in bites! So so sad that things like this happen so often though.

I bet they won't be handled properly either as 4 year olds are well known to be heavy handed
We got our family rabbit when I was 4 and I was too scared of hurting him so he never got picked up! I'm still quite scared of hurting them, never got over it. I'm not particularly good with animals smaller than me!

Let's hope for two females and some good vet advice to back yours up :)

As horrible as it is, if she doesn't listen to you then she will regret it when they start fighting and presuming they are kept long enough, she will start listening after realizing that you were right. I bet they won't be handled properly either as 4 year olds are well known to be heavy handed, which could well result in bites! So so sad that things like this happen so often though.

Yeah I did think that too, but funnily enough she text me this morning to say happy Easter and that one of them had 'nibbled' her little brothers finger!

She knows she can always contact me for advice, I just really hope she's not going to be one of these people in regards to rabbits :cry:

We got our family rabbit when I was 4 and I was too scared of hurting him so he never got picked up! I'm still quite scared of hurting them, never got over it. I'm not particularly good with animals smaller than me!

Let's hope for two females and some good vet advice to back yours up :)
Wow really? I too am always worrying about hurting them when catching them, clipping nails etc but I must say I've never heard of young children being like that! I've only ever seen/heard of little kids being very hands on and clumsy with animals and I must admit that even I was like this with my cat when I was that sort of age.

Back