• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What's your favourite bunny-treat recipe??

catxx

Mama Doe
Looking for links to online recipes on websites if anyone knows any! Ideally tried and tested. Help!

'Pixie Mash' is a big hit with my guys. Named after a very brave dental bunny with no teeth but so much spirit (I miss her every day) This was all she could live on for a while and I swear this helped her in her final year.

You'll need an old coffee grinder for this;

Very large pinch of each of the following
fresh organic oats
grind up some ready grass to a powder
grind up some pellets to a powder
grind up x4 fengueek crunchies into a powder
finely grate some apple (not the peel) or banana etc

Soak the oats in a bowl for 30mins then drain and mix in the other ingredients and mash up well you may have to add more water if it's a bit too dry. This really is only a treat but my bunnies just love this, they now go barmy when the hear the coffee grinder go!!!!! :wave:

I'm interested too ! I have a dental bunny, who struggles, definitely give this a go ! :thumb:

Oh do try it, I was at a stage where I'd try anything to get her to eat something and this hit the spot!! Although she couldn't eat anything hard later in her life her appetite was as big as ever!! I also used to add a small amount of tonic (small animal tonic) in it too sometimes and even her Metacam too when she was on it. She never gave up so I thought 'nether will I'.

When she started to have dental problems at the start and couldn't eat any hay or grass at all I used to feed her julienne peeled carrot and apple. The very long strands used to simulate hay so that kept her teeth down a bit but they started to fall out one by one so I needed a plant B and that's where Pixie Mash came in.

Just use your imagination with ingredients too as just add anything they particularly like just grind it all up to a fine powder it's also great as a recovery food if you've run out of Critical Care!!

Ohh it smells totally amazing too!!!

Enjoy :wave:

Oh do try it, I was at a stage where I'd try anything to get her to eat something and this hit the spot!! Although she couldn't eat anything hard later in her life her appetite was as big as ever!! I also used to add a small amount of tonic (small animal tonic) in it too sometimes and even her Metacam too when she was on it. She never gave up so I thought 'nether will I'.

When she started to have dental problems at the start and couldn't eat any hay or grass at all I used to feed her julienne peeled carrot and apple. The very long strands used to simulate hay so that kept her teeth down a bit but they started to fall out one by one so I needed a plant B and that's where Pixie Mash came in.

Just use your imagination with ingredients too as just add anything they particularly like just grind it all up to a fine powder it's also great as a recovery food if you've run out of Critical Care!!

Ohh it smells totally amazing too!!!

Enjoy :wave:
Thank you! I will definitely have to try them out to see if it helps his digestive system out :)

Back