• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent - bisolvon injectable

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I've just found out that bisolvon injectable has been discontinued. This is the only thing that is pretty much stopping Clem from totally choking on his gunk.
We have tried powder and it doesn't work as well.

If anyone knows where our vet can get a couple of bottles or of a very similar alternative please could you let me know asap. Thanks x

I've just found out that bisolvon injectable has been discontinued. This is the only thing that is pretty much stopping Clem from totally choking on his gunk.
We have tried powder and it doesn't work as well.

If anyone knows where our vet can get a couple of bottles or of a very similar alternative please could you let me know asap. Thanks x

Called my Vet and the person who does the drug orders is going to call around some suppliers and see if she can locate any or a suitable alternative. She'll call me back ASAP xx

Brilliant thanks. I may have tracked some down online. Going to give them a ring now.

What is it with all these discontinued meds? Clem has been on three different antibiotics!!

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Brilliant thanks. I may have tracked some down online. Going to give them a ring now.

What is it with all these discontinued meds? Clem has been on three different antibiotics!!

Several suppliers contacted but none have any. If you dont have any luck with the online company then your Vet could call their Boehringer Rep and he/she could go on a mission to track down a surgery holding some stock or suggest a suitable alternative and where that may be obtained from.

Have you tried here :

http://www.farmacy.co.uk/products/1050-bisolvon-3-mgml-injection-100ml

Jane beat me to it but I was going to suggest the vets contact the company / or rep and ask them to find a suitable alternative. Most vets will hold what they have left close to their chests now.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

sorry to hear this. i remember when matt's parvolex was discontinued. it was such a panic as the best thing we ever found for him. i don't know if they ever brought it back again (there was a manufacturing problem) but if you wanted something else to try if you can't get hold of more bisolovon and it's available, i'd highly recommend it mixed with saline :) x

sorry no -only ever used the powdered form.

Suspect thats all our vet ever has in as thats what we have always had.

Hope you find some.

Bit fed up.

Seems the places online with it on their website let you order it, pay for it and go to the trouble of getting a vet prescription only to email you its out of stock the next day!!

Back to the drawing board :(

Bit fed up.

Seems the places online with it on their website let you order it, pay for it and go to the trouble of getting a vet prescription only to email you its out of stock the next day!!

That's pretty poor :evil:

There is a Pharmacy near me who seem to be able to get hold of some really elusive medications, I'll give them a call in the morning and see if the Pharmacist can help. He has managed to obtain quite a few hard to find Veterinary Medications for us. Your Vet could then Fax him a Veterinary prescription. Not sure how urgently you need it as obviously the Pharmacist would have to send it to your Vet. I guess an urgent courier could oblige, but I expect that'd cost extra.

Bit fed up.

How inconvenient! You can't ring first to find out stock levels, or does the person on the phone just not know that info?

Just a quick update. We ended up having to resort to the powder. We worked out the same mg in powder as was in the injectable solution but didn't react in the same way at all. Within seconds the entire room was a thick smog. Clem started sneezing, then retching and choking. This went on for an hour and there was nothing we could do to help him. By the end of it he was blue and limp. We honestly thought he was going to die :( I sat up through the night with him as he continued to have choking episodes and didn't eat for 24 hours.
Thankfully he is fairly OK now. Still very choked up as obviously we haven't used it again in the nebuliser.

Just a quick update. We ended up having to resort to the powder. We worked out the same mg in powder as was in the injectable solution but didn't react in the same way at all. Within seconds the entire room was a thick smog. Clem started sneezing, then retching and choking. This went on for an hour and there was nothing we could do to help him. By the end of it he was blue and limp. We honestly thought he was going to die :( I sat up through the night with him as he continued to have choking episodes and didn't eat for 24 hours.
Thankfully he is fairly OK now. Still very choked up as obviously we haven't used it again in the nebuliser.

Poor lad :cry:

With Bobbie I found that nebulising with anything but saline caused her to choke, gag and become cyanosed.

Has the Vet also considered how Clem's heart is bearing up under the strain of his severe respiratory problems ? In her latter stages Bobbie's heart was effected and that needed to be treated too.

His heart sounded fine Tuesday and we are back today for yet more chest x-rays.

He is only 8 months old so hopefully has youth on his side.

We are still nebulising with baytril with no issues :)

oh poor clem. matt reacted similarly to f10 nebulised. he went so frantic, thrashing around, retching. it was awful. it looked like it had caused a burn type reaction in his nose as it was so inflammed. his nose was red raw afterwards.

more vibes for clem x

Gosh I'm sorry Liz, this sounds drastic :(

Some rabbits are really sensitive and choke and sneeze at the slightest opportunity. I have found them to be in the minority, but I have one now that sneezes ad lib ...

I'm so glad he's recovered and I hope you can get him on the path to recovery x

oh poor clem. matt reacted similarly to f10 nebulised. he went so frantic, thrashing around, retching. it was awful. it looked like it had caused a burn type reaction in his nose as it was so inflammed. his nose was red raw afterwards.

more vibes for clem x

This is why I always advise against F10. I believe Liz's rabbit had a reaction to it topically applied as well, unless I've remembered wrong.

I have used f10 in the nebuliser but tbh don't bother any more as it didn't seem to have an effect on any bun, and that's at least ten different rabbits.

Yes Otis had a terrible reaction to the f10 antiseptic spray I will never use that again. I was also contacted by quite a few people that had experienced similar reactions on their rabbits.

Back