• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much Veg for two bunnies

Pumpkin71

Young Bun
Hi all,

I've been researching and watching some videos re feeding bunnies, some articles and videos say that bunnies should have 1-2 different veg mixed per day and others are saying 5-6 any advice on what you think Is appropriate, I don't want my bunnies to end up with a tummy ache if I give them too much.

One article said to give them, Spring greens, kale, broccoli, cauliflower and rocket but that seems a lot??

Any advice would be appreciated :wave:

Hi :wave: I'd be interested to hear views on this too, as I don't really know how much I should be giving my three.

I usually just give 2 different veggies each day, but I'm new to rabbit ownership, so no idea if this is correct or not x

My vet told me before that the amount of veg should be the size of their head, so that just a rough guide, but I am sure someone will have an easier way to explain it. I usually give mine a couple of Spring Green leaves, a sweetheart cabbage leave, then a few green beans and some fresh herbs. sometimes I swap the cabbage leave with some celery or fennel. but I'd have hell to pay if I ever dropped the beans. :lol:

Personally I give my bunnies two, three or four different veggies depending on what I have and what needs eating. I generally fill a small child's plate so that it is slightly heaped, but not so much that the veg falls off and I would say that is probably the equivalent of 1 1/2 cups between them. I used to give them more between them but noticed that they weren't eating their caecels and so I cut it down. I usually mix and match kale, spring greens, broccoli, cauliflower, baby sweet corn, cucumber, rocket and sprouts (only ever 4 sprouts between them) but have never given more than 4 types at once. I hope that helps :)

I give my 4 bunnies a large dog bowl full of veggies. They have kale, Spring greens, broccoli, carrot tops, parsley, coriander, mint, basil, celery, peppers, cabbage, small amount of carrot or Apple, seasonal plants I.e.nasturtium flowers and leaves, strawberry leaves. Also fresh or dried forage. I usually give them a selection of 6 different veggies a day. But they are very spoilt :D

Back