• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I would like everyone to meet....our new addition...sad update 3rd April

catherine09

Mama Doe
.....River :)

79DF2DCC-D4D3-400F-AA67-DB44DB7BF2D8_zpszjn6caji.jpg

AACE2790-BC8B-491A-A06A-5741056D61D4_zpsosi1qhrq.jpg

She was rescued along with 3 others last weekend by a lovely rescue lady, the lady is keeping one boy and she managed to get the other two boys rescue spaces at Fat Fluffs. They were being kept in hamster cages in filth :evil:. We picked River up yesterday.

She is amazing and I just love her already. I wasn't really looking to adopt (!) but she isn't going anywhere now. After a few sad losses over the past year and Noah's ongoing terminal illness I do actually feel like she has come to me for a reason. She has settled in so nicely, didn't take long for her to realise me coming upto her = nice nose rubs and carrot tops and she has just become so friendly and confident in just a day of being here. The lady told me she wasn't toilet trained, she chose her corner for going to the toilet, I moved the litter tray there and this morning all mess (including some very impressive golden poops :D) in one of the trays - she is a fast learner for sure :thumb:

She is not spayed or vaccinated so will be sorting those asap. Then I am hoping for a bond with my trio in a few months time dependant on how Noah progresses (he is currently on a new drug combo which seems to be working wonders). The trio themselves were easy to bond as they are all very laid back bunnies and so I have everything crossed - although will definitely be waiting til all hormones have died down after River's spay and my 3 have got over spring fever (currently digging for Britain, in the litter trays....:roll: ).

Last edited:
She is a beauty, gorgeous colour. Sounds like she has a wonderful personality too :love: Happy home coming River

What a gorgeous girlie, beautiful colour. So pleased that she's settled in so well with you, it was meant to be :love:

She is beautiful :love: I'm so pleased you can now give her the life she deserves :thumb:

She is beautiful, I love her coulour, I don't think I have ever seen a rabbit that coulor before, I'm sure it's more common than I think but personally she is the first rabbit I've seen of that colour. Absolutely stunning. I'm so happy she has found a lovely home to be adopted into. I hope for all the best for you and your bunnies xx

:love:Oh she's beautiful. I have rabbit envy! Is she as Thrianta?

We think so, yes. Certainly looks like one and from a google she seems the right sort of size. I fell in love with her as soon as I saw her.

Her two (we think) brothers have gone to Fat Fluffs for rehoming if anyone is interested ;) :thumb: I'd love for them to get RU homes!!!

Last edited:
We think so, yes. Certainly looks like one and from a google she seems the right sort of size. I fell in love with her as soon as I saw her.

Her two (we think) brothers have gone to Fat Fluffs for rehoming if anyone is interested ;) :thumb: I'd love for them to get RU homes!!!

She definitely has the chunky face and the right proportions. .. and the vivid colour. :love: I'd be tempted only I went past my rabbit 'limit' some time ago :oops:

If you're already past your limit then what difference will one more make? ;)

I might have a fighting chance of an excuse to adopt a female, but there's no excuse whatsoever to get another male. ... I might have to send a few of them out to work if I take on any more :lol:

Wow, what a gorgeous colour she is! I can't believe she was kept in a hamster cage, how evil can some people be! She certainly seems to have landed on her feet with you though ;)

Back