• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Adapting furniture for indoor buns

KatyS

Warren Scout
Today we moved our two house rabbits into their new DIY house, made from a dresser we picked up in the charity shop! We've been planning to do this for a while, to give us more storage space, give them more "safe" hiding places (they like being under things and mostly hid under the dining table before, which wasn't very safe from being accidentally kicked!), and just to generally blend in better in the dining room. We've taken the middle door off and the other two can be opened and closed.

NB This is slightly smaller than their previous cage and not big enough to house them permanently, this is just their base and they have access to the rest of the room at all times :)

They have a Rosewood Edible Carrot Cottage / vet bed on the floor / bowl and bottle to drink from / litter tray / hay rack in their little den. I also stuck vinyl tiles to the floor to hopefully make it easier to keep clean.

While I've been writing this they've both just hopped into the litter tray for the first time so I'm feeling happier about them now!

11220825_10156736472970694_5707984190517827115_n.jpg

Here's Peter investigating his new premises!

Looks great, a nice alternative to something like a dog crate which may look a tad out of place in rooms :D

To be honest it wasn't that hard to do, we were very lucky finding the right size dresser in the charity shop at the right time though :)

Looks great, a nice alternative to something like a dog crate which may look a tad out of place in rooms :D

Exactly my thoughts, I love my bunnies to pieces and don't really mind if the room is taken over by their things, but very occasionally I like to tidy up for people coming round :lol:

Thanks for everyone's nice comments. The bunnies resisted our attempts to tidy them up, they took offence at their new arrangement and just used the whole of the inside as a litter tray, so today this happened....

A litter tray each :D

Back