• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding my Trio is going well!!! Question on post 6.

Bunny Boo.

Warren Scout
Crossed all fingers and toes!!!:lol: 9 days in.......

30A0DDE4-075C-4AE2-9E4D-F2FF28C5BE3E.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

9F4E7BCB-06A7-4BFC-AD10-9DCF98354EFD.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

7CE93B9F-C37C-4179-8753-0D4BA37A3358.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

5A8F7644-7BCB-400C-BCFD-4F01877482A8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Taking things slow! increasing their space every 3 days as long as they are happy. Have put in litter trays and a grassy tunnel!! so great to see a happy little group....

Last edited:
fascinating isn't it...& when they all pile in for cuddles :love: Who is top bunny then?

May for sure!! she is the french lop x, she is the one grooming Peanut in the first picture!! Peanut is the only one she grooms but everyone else must obey in the grooming department when she insists... :roll: Peanut is easy going, which is good as she is a big girl (conti) Lynx or little man as we call him is a darling he acts as a buffer between the girls and is happy in everything he does, he will groom both girls all day long if needed and i think this has made the peaceful unity of the three......

Question!!

Need to ask a question, I have been sitting out with my bunnies this afternoon and I have seen Peanut mount May twice! May is the dominant bunny, on both times May has been un responsive to Peanut, she either just sits there or moves away, Peanut did follow but I stopped her and distracted her!! Within 10 minutes of the second time of Peanut mounting May Peanut was giving May a very good groom! everything seems calm and happy, they had been snuggled up together all afternoon and are snuggled up at this moment. Should I be concerned? Is Peanut expressing dominance over May? May seems to be not bothered by any of this and believe me if she was unhappy she would react!!!!!

If they are not bothered by Peanuts amorous advances I'd not worry - its if the mounting aggravates them it could cause tension. Joey is a pest but both girls tolerate it for a moment then make their escape.

I'm beginning to think I don't understand bunny behaviour at all. Boo appears like she is top bunny as she is massively bossy & demanding (of all species) but when she crosses the line Joey brings her to order. Mouse appears to be at the bottom & play the under bunny but demands grooming from both the others all the time.

If they are not bothered by Peanuts amorous advances I'd not worry - its if the mounting aggravates them it could cause tension. Joey is a pest but both girls tolerate it for a moment then make their escape.

I'm beginning to think I don't understand bunny behaviour at all. Boo appears like she is top bunny as she is massively bossy & demanding (of all species) but when she crosses the line Joey brings her to order. Mouse appears to be at the bottom & play the under bunny but demands grooming from both the others all the time.

I don't understand bunny behaviour at all!!!!! We are 10 days in to bonding my trio (were together 10 days before as a quad!!!) and Peanut decides to mount May!!! have no idea now as to what is going on!!! they all seem happy and as i said May is not bothered at all!! how long that will last is another matter!!! :roll:

Another question!!

So Peanut was mounting May yesterday, today May is mounting Peanut!,:roll: Peanut just runs off! I've not seen any aggression and they still snuggle up to each other,eat together and are grooming each other! Lynx is not mounting at all. Do you think this maybe is a bit of Spring happiness? I was planning on giving them a bit more room in the shed later on, not sure if I should in case it sparks anything off! Am I just worrying over nothing?

I have three girls two were together for 6 months until girl no 3 came along, bonding went well but now no 3 holly has had to be separated she is very dominate and fights with no 1 rabbit all the time, I let her have play time and sleep time with no 2 elsa but she humps her all the time, no1 and two both neutered I hoping once no 3 is does I can bond them again, fingers crossed for you, keep a close eye as humping as def a sign before they fight

Back