• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving Indoor Rabbit Outside

You may get more replies if you changed your title to something like 'moving rabbits outside' so people knew what the thread was about.

@tonibun He's almost 1 year old and we got him in November and he was inside ever since we got him. But he was crazyyyyy messy we used to call him mess maker mess maker make me a mess! :lol::lol:

No-one is going to say it's ok as he could die of hypothermia. Whereabouts are you and was he indoors when you got him?

Pennsylvania? Current temperature 4 degrees C? Guessing!

This will probably be a revelation to RU, I kept fairly quiet about it, but I moved mine outdoors in July last year. They're in the garage rather than a hutch, and there are two pairs not a solo rabbit. They seem to be doing fine and my life shows signs of slowly getting back to something other people might think of as normal . I'd wait for a warm time of year to put him outside.

I moved Lopsy (then 2) back outside on his own this time last year from the unheated attic, but it was a warm March and we took lots of precautions. It didn't drop out of double figures during the day for two weeks afterwards, and the nights weren't too cold either (though we still provided extra bedding, a snugglesafe and he was in his dinky hutch not the playhouse). I wouldn't do it until the two places are comparable temperatures (I'm thermometer-obsessed in the house). So our attic was about 12-14°C and outside was highs of 12-15°C. I wouldn't have done it any sooner.

It is usually advised to move them outside when the indoor temperature is similar to the outdoor one.

A friend to cuddle would be better than any jumper (different kind of jumer haha).

Back