• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When should they move in together?

MrsCoultas

Mama Doe
So I'm on day 5 of bonding, they are snuggling, eating hay together, and grooming. I've been bonding them on the upstairs landing and then at night they go back to their own rooms. Is day 5 too soon to try them together overnight in one of their rooms? Ragnar's room is about twice the size of Poppy's and the plan was always for then to go in the bigger room together until my in-law's dogs go back, then they'll be in the living room full time. There has been no fighting at all, all the mounting has stopped. Should I give it a few more days of them being apart at night? Thanks :)

From what you have said it sounds to me that it would be safe to put them in the bigger room (male's territory) :thumb:

I'm just nervous lol I'll put them in his room for a bit now and see how they go, she has an indoor hutch that she sleeps in and uses as a litter tray, but it's always open, so I'm thinking moving that into his room so she has her own place just in case she wants some alone time. I'll let you know how it goes!

Back