• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just seen this....

Well, that's unexpected.. Good news certainly but I imagine many people would have already bought everything before hand so are already committed to the idea?
Still, anything that raises awareness is good news. It may be a small step but it's in the right direction.
I know P@H is controversial but in all honesty as pet shops go I find them to be way above the others - at least my local branch.
We've been in and out a lot over the past week or so (our vet is inside out P@H and Lunar's just had her spay there) and I noticed they don't have many rabbits in. I wonder if that's why?

Such a shame how after all this praise they've kind of undone it at my branch..
Went in on Saturday to find a guinea pig hutch (this one http://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/p...a-pig-and-rabbit-hutch?pageSize=25&orderBy=1#) placed right in front of the rabbits. Not the guinea pigs, who are further around the side, but clearly in front of the rabbits. It had also been labeled simply as 'Den', no mention of the species it was intended for. The full name on the website states 'Guinea Pig' in the title.
I made a complaint online when I got home but sadly have had no response. Drove past last night and it's still there :/
It's obvious why it's there. They're trying to get people who don't know better to see that they can buy a cheap hutch. They don't know it's not suitable for rabbits, especially when it's mislabeled. If you didn't know better, what would you think if you walked into a pet shop and saw a hutch in front of the rabbits? It's obvious what they're trying to do.
I'm going in Thursday (sadly can't make it any sooner) and I'm going to make a complaint with the store manager. Very sad to see they never got back to me about it and never took any action as I asked them please to look into it

Back