• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those with Quads

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
What ages and genders are your quad buns? What age were they bonded? We're they separates or couples etc before they were bonded together? What bonding method did you use and how long did it take? Was it a nightmare?!

I am hoping to bond my 2 male/female couples together when I move house. Any advise much appreciated as I must admit I'm dreading it! :lol:

My quad have now been together for over two years (Oct. 2013). They must have been about a year old when I bonded them.

Frosty and Snowflake were pet shop rabbits from our local shop (impulse buys which is what led me to RU). Tessie and Daisy were from barc.

F and S had a massive fall out so I kept them completely separate for a few weeks then did the big introduction with all my rabbits. It soon became clear that Mottle (rip) and Peaches (now in a new home) were not wanting to join in.

The four of them are really happy. I left them in their bonding pen for a couple of weeks (I think) and they were totally fine when I transferred them out to their (newly clean/rearranged) shed.

It was stressful and exciting. You know your rabbits really well which I am sure will help.

Once Snowflake allowed his brother Frosty to be the boss all was fine.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...st-19-update-now-a-quad-More-pics!&highlight=

My quad is all over the place: Elphie (6, doe), Morning (2.5, doe), Selene (9 months, doe), Helios (9 months, buck).

I bonded Elphie to the rexes (Helios and Selene) after Galinda died. They took immediately. About a month later, I added Morning, after she fell out with her sister. Both times happened really quickly, about an hour before they were acting as if they'd been together for life. Elphie is boss and likes to remind everyone if there is the slightest change in circumstances by humping. Poor Selene has just been spayed and has been subject to this treatment!

I had a trio - two male, one female. When I lost the female, I bonded another female - at that stage they were 3, 2 and 2. That bond was easy as my old female was dominant and the new one took on that role. I then added another male aged 3 months and again that was easy but unfortunately baby Rocket died suddenly. After about a year I added an older female (4) and that was more difficult - no problems with the males but the females were a nightmare. In the end, I separated the girls for 24 hours and kept them in a very small dog cage. They bonded eventually and I put them back with the males and they've been together ever since.

It is so much easier when you know your rabbits and they know you so I'm sure you'll be fine - good luck.

My 3 sisters were 15 months when they were bonded with a six month old neutered male. The bond was easy peasey. Haymitch is food aggressive so sometimes grunts and chases at breakfast time otherwise they all snuggle up and groom each other.
Haymitch was carefully selected out of about ten males by the rescue as being a suitable match for all three girls though and it was the same rescue that the girls came from so she knew them well, I think that and their young age was the reason the bond worked.

Back