• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Metal runs that are safe!

Newbunnies

Young Bun
Hi there,

Looking for advice please.

My rabbits have a large shed/ aviary complex that is great for everyday and is well above the min RWAF guidelines. However, it is all set up on concrete and come summer I would like to let them have a second place to go for variety sometimes, so I was thinking about getting a large metal run. I have a huge garden so space is not an issue, although it is rented, so anything permanent is. (the shed/aviary can be moved when we move)

Do you know any metal runs that are safe? I had a wooden one, but it's old and battered so I'd like to buy a new one, and one I can just leave out all year round. I'd like it to be a minimum of 8x4. It's just really for when my kids are out in the garden playing or we are out there for a change of scene for the buns. I can't let the buns free roam because the garden is genuinely huge (field sized) and not properly fenced. I can't fence it because I rent.

Are the runaround ones safe (I keep seeing people say that metal runs aren't safe) and are there any cheaper ones that are safe too?

Many thanks

The runaround ones should be ok as they are small mesh it was the ones with the wide gaps that were causing issues as a couple of small bunnies got stuck and injured.

Back