• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chloes fur/ now furless

MummyBunnyEm

Mama Doe
I've started taking off Chloes winter coat, I forget how big a job it is and seem to be getting nowhere with it.

I used to be a pro!

(2014)

Last edited:
She has recently started tunnelling under her vetbed which of course has done wonders for her fur :roll::lol: It's a BIG mess and I want to sort it out before her vaccination next month.

Sorry for being stupid here, but doesn't she just moult her winter coat when ready?

Unfortunately not Glingle. She's very similar to an Angora rabbit only without the hair on the ears. It mats incredibly easily and she ends up quite restricted and struggles to groom herself. The vet described it as like being in a straight-jacket. So it comes off in the spring and I maintain it until late Autumn. It's wonderful to watch her once its all off, she must feel so free :)

Back