• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fluff.

Bunny Boo.

Warren Scout
Is it normal to see fluff on the floor of the shed? on the majority of times that I go out and check on my trio there is a small amount. They have been together 18days as a quad it didn't work out so as of Thursday they have been together as as a trio. They had two days apart so officially I started bonding them as a trio Thursday. They spent from Thursday till Sunday in a dog crate in my hall with me being with them the whole time before I moved them out to their shed, they only have a small part of the shed to start with, I will slowly increase the size.I have seen all the good signs, grooming, eating together, sleeping together, when I am with them they look happy. It's always Peanuts fur that I see and I assume it is May thats pulling the fur as she is the dominant doe and Lynx is very quiet, although I have seen Lynx try to mount both girls, Peanut mount May and May mount peanut!! But May is most definitely top bunny! Part of me thinks that they are needing more room, they have been confined in a small space for 18 days what with bonding them as a quad and it breaking down and then starting again as a trio! The problem is May is very territorial and if I give them to much room to start with she may start problems. Feeling a little anxious :shock:

I hope your trio are more settled now? :wave:

Was it tufts you was finding or just the odd bits of fluff? It could be that they're moulting but if it's bigger tufts then it might be fur which has been pulled out during a little chase or whilst one is mounting another which as long as they are not fighting will hopefully settle down. I'm bonding my rabbit at the moment since she recently lost her partner and my other rabbit is still mounting her on occasion but 99% they are getting on brilliantly and her fur looks a bit ruffled sometimes after bless her.

My quad have been together for over two years and I often find tufts of white hair (Daisy is all white, Frosty and Snowflake are mainly white and Tessie is brown). I reakon Frosty (da boss) pulls fur out of his brother Snowflake and I have seen both boys chase Daisy on occasion ...

They have never fought and are often to be found snuggling together.

A long winded way of saying it sounds normal to me!

Thank you guys, It has been a few days since i have seen any tufts of fur, all three seem to get on really well, lots of grooming and snuggling. I do still see the odd moment where they are mounting each other but generally they enjoy each others company. May is top bunny with out a doubt and we are all trying to keep her happy.:roll: I am slowly expanding their space so just taking things slowly. :)

Back