• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help with odd problem - Baggy skin on one front leg

SJH

Warren Veteran
Initially, I thought that Hector was just moulting and he had a matted bit of fur on his front leg which was making it look "bigger" than the other one. So, I attempted a groom.

However, it turns out that it is a flap of skin, just on one front leg. I think there may be a lump within it although it is difficult to say. It certainly "moves around" if there is.

I cannot get an appointment with the vet tomorrow but will, obviously, take him.

Any ideas? It is all a bit odd and a bit worrying.:cry:

It might be you've spotted a wound/abscess early so it's more flexible than usual. Or it maybe one that's popped leaving the skin a little lose where it's now empty. I'd clean it as best you can but I imagine the vet might shave a patch to work out what's actually there - it's hard with fluff to see sometimes.

Thank you very much for this (and thanks to Zoobec!). He seems well in himself which is good. I'll pop to the vet and see where we go from there. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have only just seen this thread, I hope all is well with Hector

Thank you!

Sorry, I've been hectic and not had a chance to hop on here much.

He seems fine, thank you. Bit of an odd one but it's not bothering him. The vet has never seen anything like it. He's really great and has done some research too, all to no avail. We've agreed to watch and wait before doing anything else. :)

Thank you!

Sorry, I've been hectic and not had a chance to hop on here much.

He seems fine, thank you. Bit of an odd one but it's not bothering him. The vet has never seen anything like it. He's really great and has done some research too, all to no avail. We've agreed to watch and wait before doing anything else. :)

Thank you for updating :D

Glad to hear it doesn't sound serious, and not bothering him x

Back