• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

adventure shed project

ive spent countless hours reading thousands of posts about shed set ups, trying to get ideas. my 8 rabbits all live indoors but i wanted somewhere for them to play when they go out to play in the garden. we have a brick shed so it was a bit of a challenge trying to plan something without having to go through the brick too much.
we have been building for 3 days now and its still not finished. ive been taking photos has i go but ive forgot how to put them on. will figure it out and try to post some later.
i have had to build the first level so that they are free standing in sections, that way they didnt need to be srewed to the brick and its easier to pull them out to clean. that level id built and lino is down.
there is going to be a ramp that accesses a lovely mezzanine floor and ive give my self an option of a 3rd level but im going to leave that for now.
i cant wait for it to be finished. im aching from head to toe including bruised thumbs but its worth it i think.

DIY can be painful, but it's really worth it! You do get a sense of real achievement seeing something you've done yourself :) Good luck!

Hi :wave: good luck with the project it sounds great!

I'm similar in that I've spend hours and hours researching new housing for my rabbits and hope to be getting started on it soon x

heres some pics of how it was to where i am up to now
library

thats all ive done up until today. going to do another box for the left hand side and make some ramps tomorrow. might get some painting done too. hope you can see the pics now xx

wow the differences in the photos are amazing!
we've got a brick shed in our garden too, I was going to do the same but went with a playhouse instead due to spiders and the fact its full of junk!

looks brilliant so far!x

thanks xx ours was full of junk and spiders too lol.. i brushed them all out with the garden brush, screaming my head off, then i plugged all the holes. i cant wait for the buns to see it when its finished x

Back