• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits cause mice and rats apparently!!

veexox

New Kit
So I got a new bun yesterday adopted he's called Peter and is a dwarf bun my dad came round and said my bunnies hay will cause mice and rats and I should really put them outside because they don't belong inside my partner is now very defensive over the buns (he holds them everynight now and plays with them) he said they aren't going outside we are sticking with a trio now and we love them all very much I just wish people were more understanding about rabbits why do many people think they aren't proper pets?

Some ppeople have such a downer on rabbits it's just not fair. They do not cause rats or mice unless you leave food lying around etc. I don't even get flies in the summer and I have 60 rabbits. It's just something you have to live with if you have bunnies :cry:

We did have a really bad mouse problem with Odie and Zelda (outdoor bunnies), they used to run in the hutch to grab food/hay/straw and they built a nest and had babies behind our shed! Think they mostly stuck around for the bird seed that the sparrows dropped everywhere :evil:
Wherever there is food, there will be mice - whether you have rabbits or not!!

You're only going to have mice and rats inside the house if there are holes for them to get in. They are more likely to go for high sugar and fat food that you might find in a kitchen than hay anyway.

Back