• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pics of my possible housing.......need some advice :)

Meg and Jas

Young Bun
So I went to my brother's this afternoon to have another look at the cat run I'm thinking of having and turning into accommodation for my potential new buns :D

First of all it was waaay bigger than I remembered which will be good for the buns but might make it a nightmare to transport!!

Here's a pic of the outside from a distance........

Cat%20Run.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And here's a pic of the inside section.........

Inside%20Pic.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It's really well made and sturdy and it's around 5 years old and cost around £800 originally :shock::shock: Basically I'm thinking that I could use the shelving in the inside section for storage and block up the hole to the ramp as it's too steep for bunnies and put a cat flap in lower down for them to use? The other issue is that the inside part has timber flooring which is great but the outside section has no flooring and it's on top of a concrete base but at my house the flooring is gravelled so that wouldn't be suitable so not sure how to remedy that.

Also as it's so much bigger than I thought I've no idea how to transport it as I was going to hire a couple of men and van but there's no way it will fit through the back gate so will have to be taken apart and as it's all been fixed together for so long and some of the wood looks a little swollen I'm not sure how easy it would be to assemble and dis-assemble?

Size wise it's around 10ft x 6 ft so I'm not sure if I'd still need to add an additional run or if that looks large enough accommodation on it's own? I was thinking that I could have trays of grass in the outdoor bit for bunnies to munch on?

Any feedback hugely appreciated :):thumb:

It looks wonderful :love: However, I can understand your concerns. Regarding the base, we put our rabbit shed on paving slabs. It's going to have to be standing on something that's level, so that would be the best option for you I think. I agree with putting a cat flap in at a lower level. Whilst the overall size is very good as it is, it would actually be nice for the rabbits if they had an outside area accessed via the cat flap, so that they could be out in the air and also get some sunshine. This could also be a project for the future, if you weren't able to do it straight away. I don't know how you could get round the fact that it is too big to fit through the back gate, but hopefully someone will have some advice on that.

Taking sheds down and reassembling them is easier than you think as my old 8 x 6 shed was taken down and reassembled with hardly any problems. For a couple of men who know what they are doing it's quite easy - I always thought it was going to be difficult. :roll:

I have something similar to this. What we did to transport it from them to us was to remove the felted roof. The the whole thing was sliced in two :shock: It worked for transporting it and also for reassembling.

Mine is stood on a custom made concrete base. You can't see where the join is, as it was parallel to one of the doors.

Yours looks very good!

It looks great :thumb:runaround tunnels are good for steep slopes as they are ridged inside :thumb: in the housing sticky there are some photos of sheds with levels that have sides on them to keep the rabbits from falling/jumping off.

Back