• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Something only a rabbit owner would understand!

Stiglet

Young Bun
Friends and even family members think I've gone mad because I'm sat in the house wrapped up wearing my thickest coat and scarf and the back doors are wide open. However, they will never fully understand how much joy you can have watching two bunnies run and hop around in pure excitement. They have now been outside almost 2 hours and show no sign of either wanting to come in for a break or even stop eating grass!! I do wonder if they worry that the grass won't be there tomorrow or that they notice it hasn't been cut for a few months and therefore they have a lot to get through! Our rabbits are only inside temporarily so I try to let them out for a run in the garden as much as possible. Just hope the weather warms up a little more so I don't have to be quite so cold when watching them enjoy themselves!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friends and even family members think I've gone mad because I'm sat in the house wrapped up wearing my thickest coat and scarf and the back doors are wide open. However, they will never fully understand how much joy you can have watching two bunnies run and hop around in pure excitement. They have now been outside almost 2 hours and show no sign of either wanting to come in for a break or even stop eating grass!! I do wonder if they worry that the grass won't be there tomorrow or that they notice it hasn't been cut for a few months and therefore they have a lot to get through! Our rabbits are only inside temporarily so I try to let them out for a run in the garden as much as possible. Just hope the weather warms up a little more so I don't have to be quite so cold when watching them enjoy themselves!

Joy :D

I've been outside today for many hours too, with the buns. Lovely to see them forage in the bushes and binky over the lawn :D

LOL no one will understand, my grass is having a rest after all the rain the rabbits have ruined it. But it was such a beautiful day I took them out on my slabs and gave them a sandpit and they loved it!! I love watching them outside!!

I've spent many a winter afternoon wrapped up so my 2 can run round the garden

OH and I often say 'what did we do before we had bunnies.'

I go down the garden in my pj's, wellies, dressing gown and coat, first thing every morning. The neighbours just wave through their window. I can guess what they're thinking! I sit on our balcony with a hot coffee just loving the peace and watching the buns running around, jumping and digging. It's been great to let the buns out for a couple of hours before breakfast recently. I love the fog or frost early, then the sunshine. Much better than rain.

OH and I often say 'what did we do before we had bunnies.'

Us too and the answer often is "stay in the house where it's warm and dry" :lol:

Though in the sun today the girls loved it, won't be long before they're bunbathing again :love: They helped me do some gardening today, eating some of the weeds (just grass) that I pulled out, saved me a trip to the bin :lol:

Back