• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dusty Readigrass

As my bunnies love readigrass I was keen to order some more for them as I was running out. I was delighted when it turned up a couple of days ago however after just opening a bag of it I've found it to be really dusty, so much so that lots of tiny readigrass fibres have stuck to my hands. Luckily my bunnies still love it, but I just wanted to know if anybody else had this problem with a recent batch of readigrass?

As my bunnies love readigrass I was keen to order some more for them as I was running out. I was delighted when it turned up a couple of days ago however after just opening a bag of it I've found it to be really dusty, so much so that lots of tiny readigrass fibres have stuck to my hands. Luckily my bunnies still love it, but I just wanted to know if anybody else had this problem with a recent batch of readigrass?

I should alert wherever it was you ordered it/bought it from. It shouldn't be dusty, and it would definitely make me and my rabbits sneeze!

I've experienced some dust with them, I have Graze -On atm and that has a bit of dust in it although it says "dust extracted" !

I've experienced some dust with them, I have Graze -On atm and that has a bit of dust in it although it says "dust extracted" !
When I previously ordered from them the readigrass they sent was amazing which is partially why I'm so disappointed with the product I received this time around. I've never tried Graze-On as I'm sure that when I looked before it was more expensive.

I will do, I feel like they might say that it's just how that batch was harvested though.

I have only had a couple of issues like that over many years, and I always told the supplier. I got sent replacement bags.

I have had rabbits that have suddenly become allergic to hay products, and it's a real pain, so I never serve dusty anything these days :D

I have only had a couple of issues like that over many years, and I always told the supplier. I got sent replacement bags.

I have had rabbits that have suddenly become allergic to hay products, and it's a real pain, so I never serve dusty anything these days :D
Ahh OK, fingers crossed that they'll do that then haha.

Back