• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Affection overload!

Roarysbunmum

Young Bun
My 4.5 year old male bun is usually a live wire and never sits still. He loves his nose rubs but only for a minute or two then he's off again. He's recently got over an ear infection and ever since has been ridiculously affectionate! As soon as I sit down, he jumps on my lap to be stroked for hours on end! If I move anywhere he's at my feet, chasing me, jumping around, trying to groom me! Not sure what's changed, is it just a case of being older? Anyone have any ideas? I'm not complaining about it, it's just really bizarre! If it makes any difference he's an un-neutered house bunny

My neighbour had an un-neutered male and he was very affectionate, he'd sit on her lap for hours too. When she went on holiday I had the pleasure of looking after him and he'd sit on my lap for ages as well but sadly I couldn't spend long with him and it broke my heart when I had to leave after about half an hour, he'd look at me with his big eyes, follow me to the door, almost begging me not to leave, it was quite sad actually.

Sounds like your fella is craving company, that's all. If you can't get him a friend then he will look to you for companionship, hence being all over you when you are around and he will miss you dearly when you are out. Does he have a teddy for company? I know folk on here have given their single buns soft toys for company but which type i,e short/long hair etc, I don't know. Might be worth a thought though.

Hi Angie B, that's so sad about your neighbours bun! They're so loveable at the best of times, more so when they're being sweet! He did have a 'humpy penguin' soft toy but it was left behind at a bunny boarding place. Guess I'm the replacement! I would love a friend for him but I'm in a 1 bed flat and not supposed to have pets at all! Maybe I should invest in a new teddy for him in the meantime

Back