• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Beano and Jake UD 18/03

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
I have been putting off bonding Beano and Jake as I didn't want to accept that I will no longer see Gordon with her but I know it is what is best for both of them so on Monday night they went in the bonding pen together. They spent a lot of time ignoring each other and sitting away from each other, Beano then kept going up to Jake and asking for grooms but instead he kept humping her :roll: This went on for ages, with Jake doing it every time she went near him or when he got excited for food etc but they soon settled down and today they've been sat side by side grooming each other all day, and this morning they were both binkying which is a bit difficult in their small space but they were making it work :lol: :love: I will add some more pictures when I get some better ones, but for now I didn't want to disturb them. I can't wait for them to have the full flat but will be taking it slow.

Beano is moulting, so please excuse her scruffy-ness!

Last edited:
So glad bonding is going well, hope it continues to be an easy bond xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awww! :love: Such a handsome couple!
It looks like it's going very well, I hope they will completely settle with one another soon! :D xxxx

Thank you :love:

Today I've expanded their space so they have quite a bit more room and I can keep things cleaner for them and they've been fine, still choosing to sit together and are happy to be in the litter tray together etc although Jake is still humping poor Beano when it's feeding time. I try to do it discreetly and they don't get fed at the same times every day as it depends on when I'm working but they still know when it's time! I'm thinking it might be because he gets excited and doesn't quite know what to do and I'm hoping it will settle.

Awww it sounds as though it's going very well :thumb: I am so pleased for you and also of course for Beano and Jake.

Thank you again :)

Things have been going well so they moved into the bedroom with a pen attached to the crate for a while but Jake can't stand being enclosed and was getting frustrated so they have the full room and have been enjoying it :D

Bought this bunting today for their crate :)

I'm going to leave them with just the bedroom for quite a while now and will be adding their toys and other bits every now and again and then they can have access to the rest of the flat :)

Back