• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Selene's spay & Takumi's vaccs ud: Post-op check + vaccs for T+Athena

tlcwrites

Mama Doe
Busy couple of weeks for me:

Selene is getting spayed now that her vaccs have had a chance to settle. She's booked in for Friday. I'm glad it's being done but it doesn't stop me from being nervous. I'm also nervous about re-establishing her into the quad afterwards, but I hope it'll be fine.

Takumi is FINALLY getting his vaccinations done, and then he'll need to be neutered. It's fallen to me to actually book it, even though he's mum's rabbit. Sigh. Takumi actually needs introducing on here officially too... oops.

Last edited:
ugh it's today

what do I do regarding the quad? Take just Selene for her spay? Take just her brother (Helios) for comfort? Take them all?

I have been through rabbit spay 4 times (and general anaesthetics for them 5) but I am flailing like a nervous mama. Yuk. yuk. yuk. This never gets easier...

Can't really advise you on who to take as all of my more recent Buns have been rescues and were already done before they came to me so just sending you lots of calming vibes for today, hope it all goes well..

I hope you managed to work out who to take, I must admit I wouldn't know either. Sending best wishes for Selene's spay xxx

All the quad went. I'm pleased. The vet took them in early as we arrived ridiculously early. When she saw them she went, 'aaawww a rabbit family!'

Selene's op should be over by now. 20 minutes til I can call and see how she's doing. (and how the other 3 are. I bet Elphie is disgruntled at the very least!)

Hi, I'm new here but came across your post while browsing.

Hope everything went well. Our 3 girls just got spayed recently, so I know how worrying it is x

Hi, I'm new here but came across your post while browsing.

Hope everything went well. Our 3 girls just got spayed recently, so I know how worrying it is x

Hello and welcome! :)

Selene is recovering well. I can pick her (and the others) up at 4.30. :)

Glad Selene is recovering well, bet your garden feels empty today without the quad!Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad Selene is recovering well, bet your garden feels empty today without the quad!Xx

Athena and Apollo are still out there! It probably does but my head decided I need a migraine on top of everything else today! Gahhhh!

Athena and Apollo are still out there! It probably does but my head decided I need a migraine on top of everything else today! Gahhhh!

Glad you've still got bunny company till you pick the quad up[emoji6] hope your migraine goes away soon!

Everybun is home now. Selene is doing really well. Has been eating quite a lot, but is in a bit of a 'low' phase regarding cycling out the anaesthetic right now. Just gave her her first dose of emeprid (she was sent home with that and metacam). The wound looks lovely too. I'm relieved it all seems to be going well, especially as we're visiting a new vets. (After the old vets let down Beelzebub and we discovered this new one is cheaper, it made sense to give it a go. The new-to-us place is a lot bigger practice too - and sees quite a lot of rabbit patients. :) )

As Athena developed an abscess after her spay, I know it'll be a few more months until I am 100% happy with her recovery. It's still very early days.

Good to hear that Selene has been eating as that was always my main worry after both my girls spay, hope she has an easy recovery - B&B were back to normal within a few days (restricted space and no jumping toys at that time for Binky especially haha)
Her medicine sounds good anyway, metacam is good stuff according to my buns reactions!X

Selene is doing amazing: acting as if she recovers from major surgery all the time and it's no big deal. :)

I feel a little sad though: her 'recovery suite' is bigger than many buns have in a lifetime. :(

Selene passed her post-op check with flying colours! Keeping them in for another week to keep an eye on them. But there's nothing to be concerned about for now. :)

Athena had her vaccs done today and the vet was smitten with her. She has that effect on almost everyone, hah.

Takumi had his vaccs done yesterday. He really lives up to his nickname of "Little Bit" - he's only around 1.2kg at 6 months! We just need to get him neutered now and then we should be on top of rabbit care until October!

Last edited:
Back