• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Recommended Vets in Bracknell/Wokingham area or near please?

frankieb1928

Young Bun
I am looking for a vet to register my two rabbits with, does anyone have any recommendation's of vets. I live in Bracknell so am looking for a vet that is in the Bracknell/Wokingham area ideally please?
Thanks

Kynoch vets are pretty rabbit savvy :)

If you use the harmons water branch and you get to see Ivan, you're in real expert hands! I don't think he's there full time anymore though - I could be wrong on that though.

I use the Easthampstead branch, and while I think they're pretty expensive (kynochs generally - the branches all have the same prices), they're really good when it comes to treating stasis quickly and properly.

Windlesham vets are very rabbit savvy, she's the vet for one of the rescues/sanctuaries on here and comes highly recommended :)

http://www.windleshamvet.com

I would love to be able to use them, but trying to get there after work would be impossible :(

I think if you're not a 9-5er then it would be easier, but if you need an emergency vet visit between 4-6 it would just take so long to get there!

Ivan at Harmons water is brilliant. He only works on a Tuesday though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi,
Thank you. I will try the one in Harmes Water hopefully will work quite well as the only day I don't work is Tuesday alternatively I am near Easthampstead so that could be an option. How much more expensive are they??. Is their care and service worth paying the extra? Thanks

hello there.

I work at Kynochs, and can recommend Ivan but as has already been said he only works Tuesdays which is useless if you need him another day. There are other vets at the same branch who can see rabbits but who have not got the same level of experience.

I run The Rabbit Crossing Rescue in Windlesham and have been using Gillian Tose at Windlesham Vets for the last 7 years and recommend her completely. There are two other vets at the practice who will see rabbits (one being her partner Pete) but if you want someone who knows her way around a rabbit it has to be Gill.

There is another vet at the Harmans Water Kynochs who does rabbits (and has adopted from me) but she is on maternity leave until October. Her name is Hannah.

Kynoch Vet use Vets Now as their out of hours cover and Windlesham Village Vet do it themselves onsite except for the odd day when they can't cover (where one vet is off on leave/sick).

If you wanted to pick my brains, feel free to e-mail me on therabbitcrossing@yahoo.co.uk

Helen

We are in Fleet and go down the M3 to Windlesham. As others have mentioned Gill is brilliant. My husband calls her the rabbit whisperer! I know what you mean about traffic but... They do their own out of hours, of course sod's law the times our bunnies have been ill it's always been out of hours, we've been able to whizz down there on an evening or a Saturday and get them seen straight away.

I'm sorry if that's not practical as I don't know any closer to you but it is definitely worth a little bit of travelling for the right vet.

Back