• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wet back

amanda27

New Kit
Hi I've got a very random question. I have a boy and girl rabbit sharing a hutch. They're brother and sister and get along very well. She's been neutered but he hasn't yet and he does on occasion harass his sister, constantly trying to mount her. I've just gone to feed them and both of them were happily bouncing about and exploring when I opened the hutch and they were eating and drinking fine but I've noticed on my girl her back was wet above her tail. I've checked for marks, blood, abrasions etc and there was nothing and wiping it with a tissue it was just like it was wet with normal water. He is bone dry. I'm at a loss to Wat it is. He does have a tendency to mount on her back where it's wet could it be spray from him? Just wondering if anyone has experienced this before and any advice would be much appreciated

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

It may be him spraying her. I would advise getting him neutered asap to stop him being frustrated and to stop him hasseling her.

Thanks it's really put my mind at rest. I was panicking in case there was some ominous obscure reason I hadn't heard of

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Back