• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What are the 3 best things about having bunnies...

jay

Mama Doe
I LOVE having a bunny...I don't feel right when I haven't got a fluffy somewhere in the house or garden. But...what makes having a bunny so wonderful and why do we put up with the poo/wee/chewing/destructive behaviour etc...?

What are your top 3 reasons?

I love...
1. The gentle galloping sound that Ruby makes as she charges from the bunny room, across the landing and back, I know even when I am downstairs she is OK and playing happily.

2. Bunny cuddles, although with Ruby it's bunny stroking on her terms. But she snuggles in close to me and totally relaxes. That trust, the cuteness, the soft fluffy fur, her strops when I stop and then total contentment when I start again :love:

3. How annoyed she gets with certain objects...the brush and pan that gets a good battering for no reason other than it's just there, the willow sticks that get bitten and then tossed aside when she comes across them, the expensive cat bed which she shoves out the way so she can lay on the floor instead! :lol:

1. When they mob me when they see me after work, its only for a treat but it still makes me feel loved/needed! :lol:

2. How utterly adorable and soft rabbits are, I know it often attracts people for the wrong reasons but still one of the best things for me! (Milo let me brush him sitting in the litter tray last night, he was obviously enjoying it!)

3. How they snuggle together and take care of one another, seeing them snuggled up is the best thing ever!

Bunny binkies - they really lift you :love:
Bunny snuggles when Boots pushes his head into my hand and tooth purrs
Bunny flops

1.) Coming running: as Sarah1991 says, it's nice to feel wanted!
2.) Noserubs XD
3.) The hilarity!

They are beautiful.
They are characterful.
They have long ears. My four are all mini-lops so their long ears hang down and look very charming. :love:

I'm a mixture of all of the above I guess but if I have to chose just three things....

1) Running to greet us when we get home/lay on the floor
2) Binkies - it makes me feel so good to know they are happy
3) Flops - I love knowing that they trust me enough to fully relax around us

1) When the antisocial ones give you any indication at all that they actually don't hate you :lol:
2) When they know they're being naughty and they watch you while they do it.
3) The gentle thunder they make as they race around - it always brings a smile to my face.

Just watching them through the kitchen window being bunnies.
Seeing their white tummies when they flop out relaxed.
Getting nose bumped for treat or attention.

Their beauty
The way they all cuddle together
Their peaceful atmosphere, I always feel relaxed after spending time with them in the rabbit shed.

They way they look after each other (if I pick one up, another will check bun is ok once put down on the floor again).

Their binkies (especially naughty binkies)

Snuggles (with me or each other)

I'm going to add a fourth: their inquisitiveness <3

Ultra-cute bunny snuggling (with each other)
Cheeky/curious investigations
Realis7ng they are growing to trust you a little more every day :)

Having a reason to get up in the morning, just to see them being them...

The way they charge around the enclosure just to be at a place that's closest to get your attention. My quad practically follow me as I move around.

Their aura: it's hard to explain, that charged comforting feeling when being around them, or watching them be themselves. The way you can look in their eyes and know there's intelligence there (for the most part, after certain stories on RU!) Their neverending capability to forgive, to move on, to show love, commitment. The way they seem to know they need me, and I need them, but it never gets in the way of us being ourselves. Like I said, hard to explain. I feel it a bit with cats, but it is so much more intense with rabbits.

Binkies
Purring
Maybe a weird one but both of mine have such a beautiful smell on the super soft bit on their neck behind the ears ^_^ It's so fluffy and smells like that new baby smell haha

It's different for one bunny (Storm) than it is to my other two (Biscuit and Willow) and Storm is super affectionate whereas B+W hate being touched![emoji38]

For Storm it is:
He would spend all day every day cuddling me and climbing all over me if he could.

He starts looking for me if I disappear for a minute to do something and then gets really excited when he hears me again. He also shows his super strong love for me when I have to take him to the vets as he tries to hide in my clothes and will do everything he can to stay as close to me as possible. It makes me feel so special and loved :love:

If I have to do something that he doesn't like (nail clips, medicine etc) he will sulk for a couple of minutes after but then will come charging up to me again as soon as he hears I have a treat for him, and forgives me as soon as he has eaten it[emoji38]

For Biscuit and Willow it is:
How they pretend they don't want anything to do with me but as soon as I do something near their run they come straight out and watch me from a far, almost as if they are saying to themselves "no I'm not watching you, I'm just watching this piece of dirt, it's very interesting actually".[emoji38]:lol:

When they come running up to the door of the run as soon as they hear my voice, to then start doing bunny 500s when they see me getting closer.

That after I've brushed them or done bum checks they start stomping their feet at me and throwing serious bunny tantrums to show how unimpressed they are with me.[emoji38]

Ohmylord so many things..... Ok 3 best ones...

1. No matter what mood I'm in, the thought of coming home to my little fluffball massively cheers me up. There's nothing better in my view than coming home to the little paws on the cage and her being blatantly excited to see me.

Which leads me on to

2. I love how affectionate she is. I'm so so lucky to have a bunny who follows me around the house and literally won't leave me alone. If I'm upstairs she's upstairs (which is annoying when she shoots in the bathroom when I'm desperate and stares at me using the loo!) if I'm sat down she's sat with / on me. Even when she tries to eat my food she's super cute.

And finally.

3. The compassion. Which i found more recently. When i got the call about my uncle i went home and cried and she wouldn't leave me alone at all. It's as if she knew i was sad. She licked my tears and groomed my arm. It was super cute and super comforting.

Don't half miss my bundle of fluff [emoji25]

Back