• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What breed is he?

BunnyMania

Young Bun
I adopted this little man at the end of January. He was in the P@H adoption section.

He's roughly six months old. By his looks he must have lionhead in him, he has this lovely little 'fringe' of fur as I like to call it. Although I don't know what else he may be mixed with? Or if he could be a purebred? At first I thought he may be part Netherland Dwarf, as it was suggested due to his size (tonight he weighed 1.015kg).

So, has anyone who knows more about breeds got any ideas?

12806256_561341567356729_4066670078407120656_n.jpg

12800230_561341594023393_4734155120902260083_n.jpg

1909731_561341580690061_4105659279802985100_n.jpg

First off let me just say that he is an absolutely gorgeous little man and that his colouring and patterns are stunning!

Secondly, I don't know a huge amount about different breed characteristics, however I would say it's very possible that he is a Netherland Dwarf and Lionhead cross. I'm not sure what Lionhead's snouts are like as I've never had one, but Netherand Dwarfs have quite short snouts that look sort of the same as your boy.

I would say it's very possible that he is a Netherland Dwarf and Lionhead cross. I'm not sure what Lionhead's snouts are like as I've never had one, but Netherand Dwarfs have quite short snouts that look sort of the same as your boy.
I would have said exactly the same - I'd guess Netherland Dwarf/Lionhead cross. Maybe a double maned Lionhead as he looks so fluffy? I don't know about that, though.
He's got the features of both to my extremely untrained eye :p
I have a Netherland Dwarf boy (who may have something else in him as his nose isn't as snubbed as most and his ears are a little longer) and three Lionheads. At least one if not two (or maybe even all!) of the Lionheads must be crosses as they all look so different to each other :lol:
I've found that Pixel (Netherland Dwarf) is a bouncy little ball of happiness - that's about the best way to describe him :lol: He's always bouncing around and always happy and friendly. I've heard some people say that Netherland's can be a bit aloof but I've never found Pixel to be this way.
The Lionheads are... Well the best word I can come up with is mad! - but in a good way! They're the most energetic out of my lot, always jumping up on things and binkying, incredibly sweet, love a fuss and have no problem whatsoever in making sure you understand what they want at all times! :lol:
I'm not sure if you can say rabbits have breed traits as such as they seem to be a lot more individual than, say, dog breeds, but I personally think there is something to it, even though they all ultimately have their own distinct personalities. I've seen a lot of similarities between my three Lionheads and again between both my lops.
As far as the noses go on Lionheads.. Lunar's is long and refined, Snowflake's is fairly snubbed and Honey's is pretty snubbed too - so I have no idea what's considered 'normal' :p

Whatever he is he is absolutely beautiful! :love:

I would have said exactly the same - I'd guess Netherland Dwarf/Lionhead cross. Maybe a double maned Lionhead as he looks so fluffy? I don't know about that, though.
He's got the features of both to my extremely untrained eye[emoji14]I have a Netherland Dwarf boy (who may have something else in him as his nose isn't as snubbed as most and his ears are a little longer) and three Lionheads. At least one if not two (or maybe even all!) of the Lionheads must be crosses as they all look so different to each other[emoji38]
I've found that Pixel (Netherland Dwarf) is a bouncy little ball of happiness - that's about the best way to describe him[emoji38]He's always bouncing around and always happy and friendly. I've heard some people say that Netherland's can be a bit aloof but I've never found Pixel to be this way.
The Lionheads are... Well the best word I can come up with is mad! - but in a good way! They're the most energetic out of my lot, always jumping up on things and binkying, incredibly sweet, love a fuss and have no problem whatsoever in making sure you understand what they want at all times![emoji38]I'm not sure if you can say rabbits have breed traits as such as they seem to be a lot more individual than, say, dog breeds, but I personally think there is something to it, even though they all ultimately have their own distinct personalities. I've seen a lot of similarities between my three Lionheads and again between both my lops.
As far as the noses go on Lionheads.. Lunar's is long and refined, Snowflake's is fairly snubbed and Honey's is pretty snubbed too - so I have no idea what's considered 'normal'[emoji14]
Whatever he is he is absolutely beautiful! :love:
My Netherland Dwarf boy Storm, is just pure Nethie but he sounds like a mixture between your Nethie and your Lionheads! [emoji38] He is such a mummy's boy and would spend hours and hours cuddling with me if he could, but at the same time he is a serious mischief maker and is always charging around the room binkying and throwing his toys around (including his tunnel that is twice the size of him!) Everyone that has ever met him thinks he is a real sweetie and it's so lovely that he loves his mummy so much, it makes me feel special haha. That being said, he does also have a real attitude and will get stroppy with me if he doesn't get what he wants/I ignore him for a couple of seconds [emoji23]

I would say Lionhead but knowing PAH he is possibly a cross. He has the most amazing colouring, absolutely stunning!

I kinda of want to say a lionhead cross Thrianta (mainly because of the shape of the ears) but Lionhead cross Netherland Dwarf is more likely if form a pet shop.

Id say Netherland dwarf crossed with lion head too :). He looks a lot a like my Luna and she's a Netherland Dwarf :)
f9959f06d9b03348e1426c7ec5943cad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you everyone :)

From the lionheads I've met I don't think he can be a purebred, especially with his background being adopted from P@H. Of course it doesn't bother me what breed he is, he's only a little ball of fluff, smaller than my Mini Lop, so I think I'll stick with him being a Nethie/lionhead cross for now as I can't know for sure! I'm not good enough with identifying breeds to know myself.

He's an absolute sweetheart, and he lives happily with my Mini Lop. They fell in love with each other pretty much, he loves her, and she's starting to be more affectionate towards him now (she's the dominant one!).

He has such a calm personality, so laid back, especially compared to my girl who's as mad as a box of frogs, and doesn't like being picked up. He tolerates being picked up and he's starting to come around to liking a fuss now too, and he's quite curious in wanting to come up to me with his paws up to see what's going on.

Back