• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Foster - Head Tilt Bun

Captain Helen

Wise Old Thumper
Foster has been battling head tilt for five weeks now. He's much improved :) For about a week and a half, his tilt was so bad his head was completely twisted around and he couldn't move without rolling. Luckily he never lost his appetite, but he couldn't move to get to his food or water, so I had to hand feed him and syringe water.

I took these photos about a week and a half ago, when he first started to improve and could move again. He's much better now. Less tilty and bouncing around, using his litter tray and not rolling at all, so I've moved his bumpers out (there are rolled up towels under the hay around the sides of the pen).

I'll get some recent pics soon, but I thought I'd share these as I know there are a few members with head tilt buns. When Foster was at his worst I searched all the previous threads for hope. I had a head tilt bun years ago (the reason I joined the forum), but she was never as bad as Foster.

Aww! Such a beautiful rabbit :love:
Head tilt is so scary. One of my buns has got a very slight tilt, he's on week 3 of his panacur but it doesn't seem to be getting any better really. Luckily it doesn't seem to be affecting him much and I doubt most people would even notice unless it was pointed out :)
Thank you for the post, I didn't have a clue about head tilt until it happened to us.

Back