• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

who sells spring greens that aren't manky?

Stator

Warren Veteran
Anyone know of a supermarket selling spring greens that are fit to eat?

Sainsburys and Tesco seem to sell stuff that is going off at the moment.......

I shopped on line this week and Sains said spring greens not available. Real pain isn't it.

I wish I knew! Our Sainsburys didn't have any Spring Greens so I bought a bag of Kale but that's mainly for the GPs. I'm going to have a look in the Co-op tomorrow.

They disappear at this time every year don't they, so much for 'spring' greens. I've been doing a mix of waitrose baby leaf greens (twice the price for half as much) and normal cabbage.

Anyone know of a supermarket selling spring greens that are fit to eat?

Sainsburys and Tesco seem to sell stuff that is going off at the moment.......

try marks and spencers you may pay alittle more but worth it, I got bag the other week it lasted a while for one rabbit, staying fresh

I wish I knew! Our Sainsburys didn't have any Spring Greens so I bought a bag of Kale but that's mainly for the GPs. I'm going to have a look in the Co-op tomorrow.

In my local Co-op earlier in the week they had them ready chopped, no 'ordinary' ones. I was going to buy them, even though they were expensive, but the queue of 15 people, with one serving, changed my mind. And they say to use your local shops :roll: Nowhere to park and not enough people serving.:roll:

I get sweetheart cabbages from Tesco for my four. They love it. Hand picked grass too.

I buy the sweetheart cabbages from ALDI they're usually 49p each. I also buy bags of kale. My buns love them. Spring Greens give my old girl, Ginny, a funny tummy. I only buy them occasionally.

Local farm shops may have a better supply, but it is the end of the cabbagey season. We have just cleared all our overwintered ones from the allotment to make way for seeding the next lot.

I got some decent spring greens from Lidl last week.

Aldi! And they like their cavolo nero kale, veg always seems fresh from the one I shop at :)

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

In my local Co-op earlier in the week they had them ready chopped, no 'ordinary' ones. I was going to buy them, even though they were expensive, but the queue of 15 people, with one serving, changed my mind. And they say to use your local shops :roll: Nowhere to park and not enough people serving.:roll:

I've bought the ready chopped a couple of times recently when I couldn't get the whole leaves. I am going to pop down shortly!

I also agree about Asda, occasionally they aren't quite as good as normal, but 9 times out of 10 they are really good and last quite a while :)

Back