• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Which bunny first?

roxyroller88

Mama Doe
On Monday we are going to attempt to start bonding our trio. We are going to set up a small pen and go from there. Two are already bonded and we have a solo bun. All boys! Terrifying!
Does it matter which bun goes into the neutral space first? I've read somewhere to put the new rabbit in and then the least dominant of the pair and then the most dominate and then somewhere else it said to do it in reverse, adding the most dominant bun first.
Any suggestions? Does it matter?

When I did my quad bond (2 pairs into a quad) I put both pairs into neutralised carriers and then put the carriers into the pen and let all 4 out at the same time removing the carriers immediately.

Good luck :thumb:

I put my bucks in slightly before the does (only by a few seconds) when I bonded a quad of two bucks and two does.

When I did my quad bond (2 pairs into a quad) I put both pairs into neutralised carriers and then put the carriers into the pen and let all 4 out at the same time removing the carriers immediately.

Good luck :thumb:

Yes I did this with my trio, original pair in one carrier, new bunny is another. In the five seconds they were in their carriers Boo humped Joey (Boo never humps Joey, she is a lady after all :lol:) I hope it goes well

good luck with the bonding. i would love for you to keep updating on your progress. im going to be going through this soon and need as many tips and real experiences as i can read. xxx

I would suggest putting the solo bunny in first if you can't put them all in at the same time. If the duo go in first they may immediately 'claim' the territory which solo will now be entering. By putting Solo in first he's almost on equal grounds vs the duo.
I introduced two solo's over several weeks, first putting their hutches close together, then letting one out whilst the other was closed and vice versa so they got used to the scents, then I let them both out on the patio together (large space to run away if needed) and they didn't really pay much attention as they had already become acquainted by smell! The odd hump later and they're now good cohabitating friends :)
Keep us updated on their progress however you decide to do it!

Thanks guys!
I will try and keep you updated. I'm pretty scared tbh. We tried putting his living space next to the pairs but it just caused referred aggression :( We are going to try putting them together and keeping them that way in a small space. Hopefully we can expand the area as time goes on. I'll be having my hoover, some thick gloves and a broom on hand!

Back