• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two years since they were saved!

BexB

New Kit
Today marks two years to the day since the very wonderful CRRC rescued my two girls after they were found dumped in a bag! They spent 6 months with them until they came to their forever home!

Although they are both still timid at times, they really are the happiest most playful and cheeky little rabbits we could have ever asked for, and today we are so happy to celebrate their 3rdish birthdays today :)!

76c02d67db33bf6b31305ebcae847d07.jpg

fef0edb1ac3748e868ae72d7fc3a973f.jpg
9d6505804bdcad5afb8ccb602cf5f225.jpg

Happy Birthday girls and well done for giving them a loving home. That isn't Ivy growing there behnd them is it?

Aww they are both so beautiful. I love seeing stories like this where bunnies are rescued and given forever homes where they are well looked after and clearely very loved! It gives me hope that although there are some really evil people out there, there is also a lot of really good people too & the good outweighs the bad :)

Thanks all! They're really cheeky monkeys and little Houdini's. I dread to think where they were kept before they were abandoned, all I know is they were terrified of people and different environments. Pip you would never know had been through anything(she's just a bit shy of people she doesn't know, but for some reason loves my mums dog and gets very excited when she visits) but Boo is getting less scared of her own shadow each day!

Currently in the spring/summer months they have a huge hutch and run combo, and access to the whole garden when we're home (which is being extra bunny proofed this week- having to lay chicken wire under the entire garden this year as they love to dig - despite all our efforts last year!!), and during colder months they have their own room, and then a whole 1st floor when we are at home to give them an extra long binky runway! It's very exciting being a bunny!

I'm currently trying to make the garden even more fox proof (although it would be hard for them to access because of where my garden is situated) Does anyone have any tips on how to add extra protection? Their hutch/run has fox proof chicken wire etc (and I'm trying to beef it up further) and they are supervised when they're outside of it, but you can never be too careful. Has anyone modified their fences to add extra security?

Back