• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Walk in runs in the wind

natna

New Kit
We are converting a wooden play house for the bunnies and attaching large walk in run to it. It will be on sabs. Does anyone have any problems in high winds with their large runs?

I imagine if you fasten it down somehow with bolts it should be secure. My run was homemade by sinking the posts into holes and concreting them in, it doesn't go anywhere!

Yes, that is what the chap who is making it suggested, but I just wanted to see how people got on if it was just sat on slabs. I think we will go for the posts in the ground

Pretty sure you can get fixings that screw into the slabs direct so that could work as long as the slabs are solid themselves.

You need something really heavy to hold the bottom panels down.

If you use plastic roof sheets or similar you may have problems with them blowing off in storms as they will catch the wind

My walk in aviary is fixed to the shed and has sturdy lengths of wood (2 x 2) in a frame all round the bottom of the run. It is meshed top bottom and sides so that the wind can blow through. It is very solid.

Back