• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing - My new bunnies :D

tabithakat64

Mama Doe
So I seem to have joined the failed foster group. :D

Claudia and new husbun, Desmond (also from Rabbit Residence Rescue) came home for good on Friday.

Claudia is still getting used to her new accommodation (7ftx9ftx6ft run with attached 6ftx4ftx5ft shed) but I'm so pleased to have her home :love:
Desmond is settling in well and seems very sweet apart from a bit of food aggression towards OH.

Desmond is a little bigger than Claudia at 2.055kg, Claudia is 1.76kg. He is an English x Dutch and was born in May 2007 and has been at RRR since November 2008. Claudia will be his 4th wife. He is a little shy and has shown some nervous aggression towards OH but I'm sure he'll calm down.

It's nice that they're a similar age; Claudia was born in January 2008 and had been at RRR since August 2008. & I'm please that after so long in rescue they will now have a home forever with me.

Last edited:
Finally, Claudia! Welcome to your forever home, with your handsome husbun, Desmond. They both look so lovely and I'm thrilled that - after such a long wait for the both of them - they finally have somewhere to call home. And people to love them for always. <3

(And also, as I've had a soft spot for Claudia and Nemo for a long while, that we'll still be able to get updates on how lovely Claudia is doing.)

Congratulations to you too! I'm glad you've managed to sort it all out for them. :)

Wonderful news :D I too had a soft spot for Claudia and Nemo. It's so sad and really unexplainable why some rabbits remain in rescue for so long :( I hope they now have a wonderful life together with you.

Thanks everyone, I'd been debating adopting Claudia and Nemo before he passed away. Something I regret not doing sooner.

Sadly, I can understand why they were in rescue for 8 years as Claudia is very, very shy and until you get to know her will spend the whole time sat frozen in the corner, continuously thumping.

Desmond is a little odd, bless him and also quite shy as well as being black... & lets face it so very few people are willing to adopt elderly buns when there are sadly so many young, friendly pretty rabbits in rescue.

She really is a lovely little bun when you get to know her :love: & I'm sure I'll love Desmond too once we get to know him and he settles in.

Wonderful news. Awww bless her sitting in the corner thumping ... hope they enjoy their glorious new set up. Lovely that they have a forever home after all this time x

Back