• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Larry's Getting Neutered Tomorrow.....

NewBunnyFan

Warren Scout
Am feeling VERY nervous now.....after Fudge died while being neutered I'm so scared!!!! I know its the right thing to do and it means he can get a hunbun but still can't help worrying.

Could I have some vibes for Larry tomorrow please, I don't know how I'm going to get through work....luckily hubby is taking him in the morning so I won't be bursting in tears as I leave him!!

Topping up the vibes for your little man!! Xx

My Bailey went in on Thursday, must admit he was quiet for the first 24 hours, but he had plently of metacam to see him through and today he's been running round like a mad bun and grunting like nothin happened! :lol: xx

Sending lots of vibes for the lovely Larry! Our little guy was a bit groggy when he first came home but was soon back to his normal self xxx

Am feeling VERY nervous now.....after Fudge died while being neutered I'm so scared!!!! I know its the right thing to do and it means he can get a hunbun but still can't help worrying.

Could I have some vibes for Larry tomorrow please, I don't know how I'm going to get through work....luckily hubby is taking him in the morning so I won't be bursting in tears as I leave him!!

Sending lots of vibes to larry and you, always a nervous time but look at the bigger picture and think of Cilla at fat fluffs waiting for the both of you! :love:

Sending lots of vibes to larry and you, always a nervous time but look at the bigger picture and think of Cilla at fat fluffs waiting for the both of you! :love:

Ah I just hope she's available and her and Larry get on!!!

Thank you everyone......I have everything crossed for a good snip tomorrow!! X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of vibes for Larry, for tomorrow. Yes it's always worrying isn't it, just keep yourself busy, and the time will go quicker. I'm sure he'll soon be home (minus the plums :shock:) good luck xxx

Good luck to you and Larry tomorrow, I'm sure he'll love the massive amount of fuss and treats he'll get after it's all finished ;) If it's any help, I was absolutely petrified when I had Storm neutered because of all of the horror stories I'd heard, but he was trying to charge around and jump on everything just 5 hours after the surgery! (He then proceeded to sulk because evil mummy wouldn't allow it[emoji38])

Larry is now home after his procedure. Vet said that he's been up and eating some treats, I've been given some metacam and recovery food if he needs it! He's hoped straight into his cage and looks so sorry for himself!!
Fingers crossed he's going to be ok and starts eating and pooping soon!!!
Thanks for all your kind vibes!
I still don't think I'll relax until he's up and back to his normal self!!

Sounds like he's doing well - great that he's eating already :)
Completely understand the worry. Sending more vibes for his recovery xxx

Sounds like he's doing well - great that he's eating already :)
Completely understand the worry. Sending more vibes for his recovery xxx

Thank you, just been in to him and he's had a little veg but is not interested in any hay/forage!! He's now lay down on a blanket so will leave him to rest for a bit.

When do I need to think about giving him some recovery food? There was so much to take in when the nurse was talking to me!!

Thank you, just been in to him and he's had a little veg but is not interested in any hay/forage!! He's now lay down on a blanket so will leave him to rest for a bit.

When do I need to think about giving him some recovery food? There was so much to take in when the nurse was talking to me!!

Aww bless him haha, they normally don't feel like eating things like that after surgery, they usually prefer herbs, grass and veg so I wouldn't worry [emoji4]

I would give him some recovery food now and it probably wouldn't hurt to give him another lot at about 11 if you will still be awake. If not then it probably doesn't matter too much, however if it were me I'd prefer to get two lots into him tonight. But then again, I do worry too much when it comes to my bunnies so that may be why haha [emoji38]

He's now had some veg, herbs and a little recovery food! He's also had a small nibble of hay and some water!! I have also just had some (rather smelly and a little soft) poo......never been so happy to see poo since my boys were small!! He has also done a wee so I'm relaxing a bit now....this is how I found him when I went to check on him not long ago....
e45147cca8137903d01398246958b963.jpg

Thank you guys for your help!! I'm glad I'm not the only bunny worrier!!!

He's now had some veg, herbs and a little recovery food! He's also had a small nibble of hay and some water!! I have also just had some (rather smelly and a little soft) poo......never been so happy to see poo since my boys were small!! He has also done a wee so I'm relaxing a bit now....this is how I found him when I went to check on him not long ago....
e45147cca8137903d01398246958b963.jpg

Thank you guys for your help!! I'm glad I'm not the only bunny worrier!!!

That's excellent news! What a good little bunny he is! He can't be feeling too bad anyway seeing as he's stretched out on the floor, all relaxed [emoji38]

He's ok I think, he's eaten his pellets this morning and has been pooping and weeing (although his poops are weird shapes) he is very quiet though and wants to lie down and chill a lot but I guess that's normal. He's not long had some pain relief so hopefully that should kick in soon for him!! X

Back