• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

7 Rabbits Tossed Out of Car Boot & Abandoned on Hampstead Heath

MightyMax

Banned
The Mayhew Animal Home, where I've been a volunteer for the past 20 years, has just notified me of this:

https://themayhew.org/7-rabbits-abandoned/

A woman was spotted pulling up onto Hampstead Heath in her car, where she began to throw seven rabbits one-by-one from the boot of her car and onto the Heath.

Beggars belief :shock:

She was seen by a couple of dog walkers - how different their fate might have been if this had happened just a couple of minutes later ..:(

I saw this before and it made me so angry. Those poor little babies deserve so much better than that. Hopefully they all find a good home :(

Absolutely horrific. I've just been reading about a dog walker in the next village seeing a moving bag last night - inside was a little black cat, tied up.
All this cruelty makes me feel sick.

Absolutely horrific. I've just been reading about a dog walker in the next village seeing a moving bag last night - inside was a little black cat, tied up.
Absolutely revolting. Someone left a puppy tied up to a fence near where I live a week again too. How anyone can just abandon any of their pets it beyond belief.

Cruelty really upsets me to the core.

Thank God for dog walkers. Just wish they had got the number plate of her car.

:( poor bunnies having to go through that trauma. Hopefully they are settled now. Boo was a stray...I often wonder what proportion of bunnies found have escaped versus being dumped

:( poor bunnies having to go through that trauma. Hopefully they are settled now. Boo was a stray...I often wonder what proportion of bunnies found have escaped versus being dumped

Yeah .. and those seven rabbits wouldn't have contributed to the overall figure of 67,000 given up to rescue. All the strays and dumpees are in addition.

To callously throw rabbits out of your boot like bits of rubbish :(

Was it the Mayhew which rounded them up or the dog walkers? They look really lovely and thankfully are safe now.

Its not always that simple. There are normally long waiting lists which some people just can not wait for - for whatever reason.

But it definitely does NOT justify their actions.

I believe it's illegal to let an animal stray. So it's definitely illegal to chuck them onto Hampstead Heath :(

Back