• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gordon has gone

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
I'm devastated my poor boy :cry:

This morning he was breathing so rapidly I couldn't even count his breaths, he was flopped out and couldn't get comfortable and wasn't interested in any foods. Beano kept licking his nose and pushing his head up then coming and licking me she was all bothered as well. He calmed down so I took him into the vets where we discussed his medication wasn't really helping as much as it should and he is spending more of his time bineg miserable than being happy he hasn't been acting right the past couple of days. I was going to try more tests but he had several fits and oxygen wouldn't calm him nor had he eaten hardly anything and he stresses out so easily more tests and medication might not even help make him comfortable I didn't want to risk him getting like this again and so I gave permission for him to be put to sleep. :cry: He was already sedated but when they gave him the injection both ears had to be used and he squealed and struggled and was sneezing :cry:

I don't know how beano will be without him, I know she doesn't know it but its her birthday today as well :cry: I feel awful gordons last few months he was so sick and during his last day I wish he was still here and well :cry:

Oh no :cry: I'm so sorry. You did the best thing for him. Sending nose rubs to Beano and hugs to you xx

Poor lad, so sad he end wasn't as easy as some, but you ended his suffering. Hugs to you and thank you so much for giving him a womderful home for so many years xxx

Liz I'm so sorry to hear Gordon has left. Sweet dreams little buddy. Love to you & beano - i hope you find comfort in one another xx

Thank you everyone. I just can't believe he's not here now, I've grown up with him and Beano :cry: xx

I'm so sorry to hear this, well done for being a compassionate carer I'm sure he will appreciate the love and support you gave him. Sleep tight Gordon x

Back