• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Timmy's unwell u/d post 16 not good

weedug

Mama Doe
Just waiting for the taxi to the vet. Timmy was diagnosed with possible megacolon last year, and has taken another turn of not eating. He seems really poorly this time. Although he is eating a tiny bit himself now and has gut sounds, he is very bloated and lethargic.

Any spare vibes would be really appreciated.

Last edited:
Oh goodness, poor Timmy :( I hope he will get on okay at the vets. Healing vibes for him and hugs for you. xxxxx

Thank you for the vibes. The vet has kept him in and is quite concerned about the amount of pain Timmy is in. The vet could feel a thickening in his gut and couldn't rule out a blockage. Poor Timmy has been through so much

The vet has just phoned. Timmy is doing a bit better just now. They numbed his eye (he has ongoing ulcers) and say he has picked up a bit since then. The thickening she felt earlier seems better too. He has metacam and tramadol daily for pain though, so am surprised if this is the cause. And of course the insurance doesn't cover his eyes.

Two vets have said his stomach is really sore too. I don't get how taking pain away from his eye would help the pain in his tummy.

Sending loads of vibes for Timmy. I hope the vets manage to find out what's wrong and treat him.

I'm pleased to hear Timmy has picked up a little. Let's hope it continues this way.

Topping up vibes for him xx

Timmy got home last night, and seemed the same as he was when he went in. He was just sitting about and looking miserable. Since he had a stressful day at the vet I left him to settle in

Early morning he still hadn't eaten anything except a tiny bit hay. Only passed small poos and a tiny pee and had no gut sounds. I had a massive fight to get his medicine into him, much worse than normal. Shortly after he had some gut sounds but that was all. Still not eating or drinking so he is back in the vet's for the day again. His insurance is now over the yearly limit and I am getting ill with the stress on top of coping with everything else.

Vet has just phoned. They can't get Timmy stabilised today and he is still lying about not eating or drinking. She has a few other things to try this afternoon and if he is still so down, she thinks it would be best to pts :cry:. If he picks up, the plan is he comes home tonight and if he doesn't maintain his eating, he will be pts tomorrow :cry:

Aw sorry to read this, but if this is the way it has to be then it will be for the best. You don't want to be ill.

I presume your vets did the usual checks of teeth etc and didn't just assume it was his usual megacolon issue re-occurring?

Sorry its not better news, hope he improves soon.

Vet has just phoned. They can't get Timmy stabilised today and he is still lying about not eating or drinking. She has a few other things to try this afternoon and if he is still so down, she thinks it would be best to pts :cry:. If he picks up, the plan is he comes home tonight and if he doesn't maintain his eating, he will be pts tomorrow :cry:

I am really sorry to be so late to this thread. Is Timmy at The Royal D1ck ?

Sending millions of vibes for him xx

Back