• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Reintroducing / Bonding

rowan.godfrey

Alpha Buck
Hi All,

My Conti pair have been separated now for about 4 weeks since Che had his snip. This week Alexandra had her spay, and in 2 weeks I will be looking at putting them back together. Looking for any tips as it will be my first time rebonding.

Living Situation;
Alexandra - Inside, puppy pen on Lino.
Che - Outside, 6x4 shed they will both share.

They currently have matching hay/litter trays & food/water bowls. I will finally neutralise one set when they are back together. I plan to dispose of all toys and buy new.

To reintroduce them I can do the following;

Bath Reintroduction
Puppy Pen in neutral territory (Tiled kitchen floor)
Clean / neutralise shed as best as possible.

How would you go about it / get started? I plan to take a long weekend for the process.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was going to suggest you let them free-range together as boys are not usually as territorial as the girls. Can they not run in the garden - is it not safe enough?

I can fix the run up sufficiently to be secure while I'm watching them - it sounds like a good idea!

To update - I tried directly free ranging them together this morning but it turned into a fur fight immediately. I kept them in the run but seperated them with puppy panels, so they could see & groom each other. This afternoon as it cooled down, I moved them both inside and penned them using puppy panels separately again.

223bbf9effff7cd4c59b0ce4da502b18.jpg

After about 4 hours, with evidence of grooming through the panels I removed the central panel. There was some mounting and chasing for the first couple of minutes, but there has now been positive grooming & Alexandra (Blue) seems to have submitted to Che (Fawn). We now have an uneasy peace.

0f7044241c8a17a3b234511e324d9677.jpg

I will obviously watch them closely this evening and most likely sleep on the sofa tonight, but all positive to this point.

Back