• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jazz is poorly UD 24.03 He's Gone :(

Clare-uk

Mama Doe
I think I'm losing my beautiful Jazz :cry:

For a little while he has shown symptoms of arthritis in his back legs. I made changes so he didn't have to jump etc and he seemed to be doing fine. He still binkied and is eating fine with a clean bum and golden poops.

Today he seems to have lost control of his back end and he's rolling to his right with his left foot ending up fully stretched out. He can pull it back and move around but as soon as he stops he 'rolls' again.

He's a hands off bun who gets very stressed when moved out of his home which coupled with his age of 8 yrs 8 months has meant I've managed his condition rather than medicate.

He will be seeing a vet though I'm not even sure if he'll survive the stress of the journey etc :cry:

a08dd6fa7982427e3185e781f3cc2fb5.jpg

Last edited:
Jazz being Jazz is making my decision all the more complicated! Just been out to him again and he's not 'rolling' but he's still resting his leg outstretched. He's tucked into his good with gusto and while he was eating I've felt all long his spine and down into that leg and nothing made him stop eating. He even hopped into his litter tray.

My vet has an out of hours service but they aren't rabbit savvy so I fear they would simply pts. The vet I know to be rabbit aware doesn't do OOH so I will see how he goes today and take him there tomorrow. If he seems distressed I will go OOH to my vet.

He really is confusing me, he'll even stamp both feet very hard when he's annoyed by something!

Sending loads of vibes for Jazz. Whilst it is horrid when they get so stressed with vet visits and medication, it might just mean he needs some pain relief, which over a period of time he might get more used to and in fact to a degree tolerate.

I hope his condition can be improved. It is sometimes so very difficult to know what is best for them.

How stressful. I hope little Jazz is ok, he looks such a sweetie. Many vibes that he remains stable enough to see your savvy vet tomorrow...I totally get that its really important for you to do so. Why is it always on Sundays??

Jazz being Jazz is making my decision all the more complicated! Just been out to him again and he's not 'rolling' but he's still resting his leg outstretched. He's tucked into his good with gusto and while he was eating I've felt all long his spine and down into that leg and nothing made him stop eating. He even hopped into his litter tray.

My vet has an out of hours service but they aren't rabbit savvy so I fear they would simply pts. The vet I know to be rabbit aware doesn't do OOH so I will see how he goes today and take him there tomorrow. If he seems distressed I will go OOH to my vet.

He really is confusing me, he'll even stamp both feet very hard when he's annoyed by something!

I think you're very wise. If possible, I think it's always best to take a breath before doing anything we can't reverse.

Sending loads of vibes for today xx

Thank you for the vibes.

He's still confusing me, I just saw him scratch his ear with that foot. I just don't want to give up on him if there is hope, equally I don't want to distress him with treatment if it won't work.

When my Bridge Bun Dylan had arthritis I started giving him tramadol on his bad days as well as metacam. It increased his quality of life for some time, although sadly the long term use of metacam affected him and that, with the increase in his pain, meant it was kinder to help him to the Bridge. He was an old bun and the extra pain relief definitely made a huge difference to him.

Hopefully, your bunny savvy vet will be able to think of something to help Jazz.

He seems back to how he usual is. He is on hutch rest at night to ensure he stays safe and always close to food/water. It seems to help him as he's better in the mornings. I've still got him an appointment tonight and just hope he doesn't get too stressed. It was the bunny savvy vet so I feel more confident in them, im still very scared though, mainly because of his age :(

Thank you all for the vibes :)

Well after convincing myself all day that I was taking him to his execution (yes my head is really that broken :roll: ) i was sobbing taking him there. I'm back home with him. Vet given him thorough exam, manipulating and stretching his little leggies and could find nothing conclusive. There is a lack of muscle mass around his hips so she thinks it could be this. He has metacam just to try and see if it improves a little otherwise as long as he's eating well and not distressed he should be able to live out his life with me.

He done some of his golden orbs of loveliness aka poops so she could see his tum is working well.

Now to calm him down & then some deep breaths for me!

Back