• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

show off your indoor living quarters for your giants please.

ukwwbunny

New Kit
Now we have Rosie Diesels cage has to go. It's 7.5ft+ but the new frenchie will struggle with the height. I have debated on the dog crate and making a nice cover over it but I am open to more ideas as it's in my living room / diner.

I have tried to look through old posts but it's a minefield.

My giant has the whole house!

He has a dog crate as a base which is never closed.

He is sometimes confined to the kitchen overnight but, now he's a bit older and doesn't get into any mischief, he's left to roam.

I'm afraid, as lovely as the set up looks, it's too small if it is ever closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi. I know it's too small that's why it's going but I think dog crates are ugly. My boy is never locked up so hopefully it will stay that when they are bonded.

I'm wondering if you need a cage if your bunnies will be free range. I've always had mine roaming with just an area for litter trays & bunny approved bedding in their favourite hang out zones

That is a possibility. Why do dog crates have to look so ugly ��

If he's never going to be locked in a cage, why have one at all? I don't have giants, but none of my indoor rabbits have ever been in cages. They have a lovely comfy warm bed, and a litter tray, just like cats would :D

Thanks guys I will take a look. I would like them to have the facility to be locked up should they need to if we are getting work done to the house etc but I will see how they get on

You will have difficulty finding something of a size to lock a giant up. Your only option is "locked in one room" really. A dog crate is 100% NOT suitable to lock a giant into for any period of time at all. Nor, as you say, is your current elongated cage. Sorry.

You will have difficulty finding something of a size to lock a giant up. Your only option is "locked in one room" really. A dog crate is 100% NOT suitable to lock a giant into for any period of time at all. Nor, as you say, is your current elongated cage. Sorry.

Agree 100%

My rabbits would go mental if locked up in a cage. Makes boarding them impossible :lol:

The new hideout. The bunnies are never locked up (in fact the door is in the loft) but my old boy is enjoying having somewhere he can chill out now he has lost his own cage. It's perfect and I don't need to look at a litter tray all day.

Last edited:
That looks lovely and snug for them and seems to fit with your room as well. Great solution!

If you want a safe place type affair, rather than something your bun will be locked in, then there are definitely ways to make crates look more appealing, and even furniture designed around hiding a cat litter tray that might be of interest.

My buns have a rabbit proofed room and I use puppy panels if ever I need to restrict them (for instance, for bonding), they don't have a specific bolt hole (they did but it's gone back outside as they never used it) but they hang out under the bed a lot.
When I get my giant I'll be back to using the big carrier for separate feeding because they can let themselves out but not in.

Back