• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moulting already?

newbabybuns

Warren Veteran
My super fluffy Lola bunny has just all of a sudden started a mega moult. She looks an absolute state. She has such thick winter fur and I am brushing (with my hand not a brush) loads of loose fur out at a time. Without trying to sound like a bad bunny owner she is 5 and I can't remember if this is how she normally is :oops:

Are your bunnies starting a moult aswell? I wondered if 1, it is because I have been making the house a bit warmer with our plug in heaters (our central heating has been broken for years!) and I've messed up her natural system. 2, Something is going on, like with the daffodils being out in January!! Or 3, this time of year is normal for a moult. Or maybe there is something wrong with her?

bisc started moulting a week or so ago. he looks hilarious at the moment with bits of fur sticking out everywhere :lol::love:

Yep. Peanut Butter has started moulting. He does look a bit of a scruff bag with all these tufts of fur sticking up :lol:

Snoopy, on the other hand, hasn't started yet so he's looking a lot more dapper at the moment!

Beano started moulting weeks ago! She now looks very messy, she doesn't really get moult lines the fur just comes off her everywhere in big messy tufts :lol:

Yes my two are very busy trying to turn the whole house bunny coloured at the moment, it would appear that spring is on the horizon as far as the bunsters are concerned.

I'm glad it's not just Lola! She has also taken to destroying every piece of newspaper she can and won't rest until it is all shredded and scrabbled up so anyone who would see the shabby state of her and her enclosure now would immediately think she is neglected or something!

Aesop is leaving trails of fluff everywhere! Definitely shedding his winter coat, no one wants to pet him because they'll get covered in fur, poor buns! Haha!

Toffee looks like he's had an electric shock ! His fur is sticking out all over, you only have to create a breeze walking past him, and fur flies everywhere :shock: yes snow and ice here too :(

Oh gosh, all these shabby bunnies! I just sat in with Lola, came out and my entire leg (of course I was wearing black trousers!) has a covering of white fur from my hip to my ankle!

I'm thinking I might book her in for a vet check, she seems to have lost weight, she definitely feels and looks thinner towards her back end but still has a round pudgy tummy. I can feel her hip or maybe that is the top of the back leg bones and she was much smoother/fuller there before. I can't think that all this fur loss would have caused that much of a noticeable difference. She has been eating normally, and even binkying when she knows I am coming with the pellets so I am starting to have a bit of a panic that something dodgy is going on. I may have to start a thread in health so not to derail this one in rabbit chat.

Back