• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

monitoring

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
as many know about mabels molar issues, she had only been managing 5 and 6 week, we are on week 6 now, and last night I thought the signs where back her gagging sneezing pawing at mouth after hay, I will continue to check her molars daily myself, she has some spurs developing same old story with her but today touch wood there hasn't been any of this sneezing gagging, although every now and then she will double grind

but I think its an achievement in itself that we have gone alittle longer this time, as soon as I feel she needs to be done, she will, always want the best for my girl xx

she had a good day yesterday I decided not to check her mouth and leave her, I checked today and cleaned out the food in area where collects, she is so trusting she lets me do anything, my little nephew says mabels having her teeth brushed bless him lol, so then he goes to do his, she has had a good day today to, so this is first time for a very long time she has passed the 6week mark

I missed this yesterday. It's great that Mabel has gone so long without the need for a dental. I also am a bit envious that she trusts you so much to look inside her mouth without any concern on her part :) Do you think it's helped by the new hay she has been having?

I missed this yesterday. It's great that Mabel has gone so long without the need for a dental. I also am a bit envious that she trusts you so much to look inside her mouth without any concern on her part :) Do you think it's helped by the new hay she has been having?

thanks, I do hope so, she loves it, its best in vets when I put her on table she just opens her mouth for them :lol:

Glad to hear a dental is not as pending as it has been before. :) And lucky you that Mabel will let you see her toofies! My bunnies won't have any of it. Even the vet seems to need assistance to get them to cooperate. :(

More "no dental yet" vibes for Mabel :D xxxxx

Back