• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why does my bunny do this????

sarabbitx

New Kit
Anyone have any idea why my male bunny keeps biting my females back in the same patch? It's like obsessive behaviour, he just won't leave her alone! Even when I clap or say no or shout, usually he startles but nothing stops him biting! My female now has a bald spot on her back that will not heal because my male keeps biting it. I tried putting a bandage around but he would chew it off her, so now I've separated them which is heartbreaking because they hate to be apart :( they can see each other through the bars. But does anyone have any idea why he does this? I want to take them to the vets but I'm going through a financial "rough spot" atm :(

Anyone have any idea why my male bunny keeps biting my females back in the same patch? It's like obsessive behaviour, he just won't leave her alone! Even when I clap or say no or shout, usually he startles but nothing stops him biting! My female now has a bald spot on her back that will not heal because my male keeps biting it. I tried putting a bandage around but he would chew it off her, so now I've separated them which is heartbreaking because they hate to be apart :( they can see each other through the bars. But does anyone have any idea why he does this? I want to take them to the vets but I'm going through a financial "rough spot" atm :(

Does he do it as he tries to mount her ?

Are they both neutered ?

Welcome to the Forum :wave:

This behaviour usually happens when a male is unneutered and is trying to mate with the female. If your female is spayed then I would guess your male may not be neutered? Or if both neutered then he is particularly randy.

Of course if neither are neutered you should be expecting little ones?

I have replied on your other thread about their behaviour.

Where did your rabbits come from?

no he doesn't try to mount her they are both neutered and spayed, he just licks and nibbles her back in the same place.

hi, they have both been neutered and spayed since 5months old and they are now 2 yrs. it only started recently. I got my female from a breeder then adopted my male when he was 3 months.

sorry new to this so not too sure how to use it properly lol, I'm keeping them separate for a few days to see if it starts to heal better

Back