• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Won't drink from a bottle

ukwwbunny

New Kit
The new frenchie Rosie has been with us for 5 days now and point blanks refuses to drink from a bottle, she lived outside at her last home so can't see her using a bowl then. I currently have 3 different types lined up for her an each one hasn't been touched. I have waited until she wants a drink and tried to hold the bottle near her but she is just not interested. I don't really mind her using a bowl but I am worried she is left without water when we are at work.

I have checked all the bottles work and she had her teeth checked on saturday so im at a loss.

Anyone else got any ideas?

My two refuse to drink from a bottle. Is there any reason you can't have a bowl instead? I think they are much better as they allow rabbits to have a good slurp!

I'm just worried if she knocks it over or something she will be thirsty until I get home...that and whenever my buck gets a bowl of water he feels the need to sit in it :lol:

I use a heavy ceramic dog water bowl for mine to drink from. Being a sturdy ceramic one they can't knock it over. The only issue I have is that the algae from the roof of the run washes into it when it rains. Apparently this is tasty as they never seem to touch their water bowl in the shed and I've even seen them come out in the pouring rain to drink from the outside one!

I use a straight sided large salad bowl for Boots, he's never knocked it over, and it holds plenty of water so he'd never run out.

mine only drink from a bowl, well they would drink out of a bottle, but prefer the bowl, so that's what they get. ;) alternatively you could try this: http://www.manorpethousing.co.uk/water-bottle-holder-xl I know some on here use those bottles. I planned on using that bottle myself, but found that putting a bowl in the holder worked even better. Not that holder of course, but one I had build for my hutch.

I use a spaniel bowl, it can't be tipped over (easily) and holds plenty of water even for a couple of days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back