• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I love my vets...

Fellie

Warren Veteran
Last Thursday my plan was to come home, shove on some PJ's, glass of wine and take away and night in front of the Telly. Of course I hadn't asked the buns permission for this and Bug decided to teach me a lesson :(

Came home, check on the buns and Bug wasn't eating and obviously in pain...my first thought was 'you little ******;)' and second thought was 'oh no - a drive to the emergency vets, in my old mini, on the motorway, in the pouring rain!!!' (hubby was at a work meeting till late). But then I notice the time - 6.55pm - and quickly rang up my normal vets just in case (they close at 7pm) - and bless their hearts, they said yes, get her here quickly and we'll see her.

So I got to my vets at exactly 7.05pm which is astonishing considering I had get Bug in the carrier, put dogs away, uncover my car :lol:

I had to wait 1/2 hour but then went in and Julian examined her - there were still some gut sounds and she was fairly bright - so decided not to admit her but send her home with meds - he looked at my face, and said 'we'll do them here' PHEW!!! So he brought through the usual metacam, and gut stimulants and liquid - proceeded to try and get the meds down Bugs throat but Bug threw a complete wobbly on the vet table and it was all I could do to hold her on it. :shock:

So Julian came back with a towel, wrapped her up and took her out back to get one of the nurses to help. He was gone ages and I was worried sick Bug had been hurt in her struggle. But no - Julian had also given her some critical care to see her through the night which I was so grateful about.

I finally left the vets at 8pm - an hour after their closing time. Bug of course was fine - and more or less back to normal by 10pm and completely fine by the next morning. I am just so grateful to Trinity - they saved me the extreme stress of driving to the emergency vets, never mind the cost of an emergency consult - AND giving all the meds for me! They just rock!!!

I did eventually have the glass of wine and take away - sitting in front of Bug and Prudhoes enclosure alternatively telling them I love them, and you rotten little 'beepers' for ruining my night :love:

Ah yes, the little b-tards! Lopsy's a good one for pulling it at about 7pm as well, but my vets shut at 6! Then I stay awake all night worrying about him only to find he's eaten all the treats I left him and anything else he could find. Blimmin' rabbits, who'd 'ave 'em!

At least you got the wine in the end! :lol:

Last Thursday my plan was to come home, shove on some PJ's, glass of wine and take away and night in front of the Telly. Of course I hadn't asked the buns permission for this and Bug decided to teach me a lesson :(

Came home, check on the buns and Bug wasn't eating and obviously in pain...my first thought was 'you little ******;)' and second thought was 'oh no - a drive to the emergency vets, in my old mini, on the motorway, in the pouring rain!!!' (hubby was at a work meeting till late). But then I notice the time - 6.55pm - and quickly rang up my normal vets just in case (they close at 7pm) - and bless their hearts, they said yes, get her here quickly and we'll see her.

So I got to my vets at exactly 7.05pm which is astonishing considering I had get Bug in the carrier, put dogs away, uncover my car :lol:

I had to wait 1/2 hour but then went in and Julian examined her - there were still some gut sounds and she was fairly bright - so decided not to admit her but send her home with meds - he looked at my face, and said 'we'll do them here' PHEW!!! So he brought through the usual metacam, and gut stimulants and liquid - proceeded to try and get the meds down Bugs throat but Bug threw a complete wobbly on the vet table and it was all I could do to hold her on it. :shock:

So Julian came back with a towel, wrapped her up and took her out back to get one of the nurses to help. He was gone ages and I was worried sick Bug had been hurt in her struggle. But no - Julian had also given her some critical care to see her through the night which I was so grateful about.

I finally left the vets at 8pm - an hour after their closing time. Bug of course was fine - and more or less back to normal by 10pm and completely fine by the next morning. I am just so grateful to Trinity - they saved me the extreme stress of driving to the emergency vets, never mind the cost of an emergency consult - AND giving all the meds for me! They just rock!!!

I did eventually have the glass of wine and take away - sitting in front of Bug and Prudhoes enclosure alternatively telling them I love them, and you rotten little 'beepers' for ruining my night :love:

What a great vet :D

You have to forgive them though, even though they don't always choose the best moment :lol:

There is nothing so wonderful as having 100% confidence in & admiration for your vet. I'm glad you & Bug have this

Back