• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flooring advice

hannah1234

New Kit
Hi,
I'm currently looking to convert a playhouse into a large rabbit enclosure for my two bunnies and I am looking for the best flooring to use that isn't slippery and is easy to clean. I was looking at vinyl flooring and was wondering whether anybody has any experience with this, if so where do you purchase it from for as cheap as possible? Thanks in advance

I've always used lino and it works very well. You can also use stable mats. You can sometimes pick up remnants from carpet shops.

I managed to get enough off cuts from the carpet shop for free to do a 2 tier hutch. The man was quite apologetic that the 2 floors would have to be different colours :lol: I said it didn't matter, the rabbits didn't mind :lol:

I was lucky: mine came with its own when I bought it. I would certainly recommend canvassing big and small carpet shops for offcuts!

I use tarpaulin sheets from the Pound shop and black playmats joined together from Halfords over the top. They are nice and squashy for them to lay on, insulating and aren't cold to the touch (and warm up nicely when they lay on them). Mine love them. Also if they have an accident it washes off them nicely, or you can easily replace one x

I have stable matting in my shed which, admittedly, was very expensive but it's easy to clean, helps insulate and is very non-slip (I even use it on ramps). Lino can be bought very cheaply from ebay too, sellers on there often have offcuts.

Back