• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rachel and Charlie - photos of Charlie added plus a spot the bunny pic of Rachel ;-)

Tracy

Warren Veteran
Charlie made his journey from Windwhistle Warren up to Nottinhgamshire yesterday and we commenced bonding last night. Charlie travelled well and recovered from his journey quickly and Rachel has just about got over the trauma of very briefly being handled by a scarey human (me!).

As they are both half-wildies, I'm using the same approach to bonding as I did when I bonded Rachel with Scooby, so very much hands off but monitoring them from a distance.

It's still early days, but all has gone very well so far, lots of mutual grooming and lots of happy binkies from both bunnies. :love:

Fingers and paws crossed that bunny love is in the air this Valentines's weekend. :love:

Last edited:
Successful bonding vibes being sent. I really hope they decide to be sensible and love each other.

Some pics taken while I was on bunny watch last night. :love:

Rachel%252520and%252520Charlie%25252001.jpg

Rachel%252520and%252520Charlie%25252002.jpg

Rachel%252520and%252520Charlie%25252003.jpg

Thanks everyone :D. All is still going well. :D

Rachel's face in the second photo made me smile too. :lol: It's a shame that I can't get nearer to take photos closer up as she really is a little cutie, but she is gone like a flash as soon as she hears the back door open. Charlie is very timid, but his fear of humans isn't as extreme as Rachel's. He will stay in the run while I walk down the garden and doesn't bolt and hide until I start unlocking the door.

Are Charlie & baby Rachel still getting along well?

Yes, they are. :love: They've been together almost a week now and they are a very happy couple. It has been the easiest bond ever. It seems that these timid half-wildies are so pleased to see another bunny that they instantly find comfort in each other and form a bond so easily....anything is better than a big scarey human!

We have made progress with Charlie too with his confidence towards humans. He has started coming into the kennel while I'm tidying up and if I stay very still he will come over to me and sniff my hand, he even gave my hand a quick nose bump. He hung around for quite a while this morning while I was in there and was happy to pose for a few photos. I took the pics on my iPad, so need to work out how to get them from the iPad onto RU. :?

:D:D:D

That's great news :love: So happy for them, and glad it was an easy bond. Hope Rachel can learn from Charlie that humans aren't that scary! xx

Back