• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet Kevin

sally1974

Wise Old Thumper
I found this little fella on the free ad site. He was in a small cage with nothing but a bed and food bowl :( I couldn't stop thinking about him and I thinking what a sad life he must have had by not being able to climb or play on any toys. I didn't think I would ever have another hamster after losing Jim. To me he was one in a million and I found it really hard when he passed. I decided to sleep on it and see how I felt the next morning. I woke up thinking about him again and checked and he was still available. I hated the thought of someone else taking him and not enriching his life at all so my hubby told me to go and get him.

I went and bought a bigger cage and filled it with toys then I collected him. He is such a sweet little man just like Jim, I actually never thought it was possible to have two such sweet, friendly hamsters. He is a big fella but I think that is lack of any exercise. Anyhow he hasn't stopped exploring his new cage and I am already in love with him. So meet Kevin :D

50dfddadbce60d01803b1529d92fb8eb.md.png

Last edited:
What a lovely, kind person you are. Hello Kevin, you are a gorgeous little boy, now with a fabulous new home - enjoy! Xx

What a darling! :) Welcome home, Kevin, you have fallen on your feet here! :love:
I'm so glad for you Sally, what luck for both of you that you found him. :D xxxx

Aww Sweet Kevin! I love Syrian Hamsters,sadly a much neglected pet sometimes.I'm sure all on here are well aware of their care.Sadly like a lot of little furries(and large ones) they are bought for children etc.Syrians can be very skittish and scared when not treated correctly.They can bite (hard!) even with gentle taming.I've had them for over twenty years,and I've been bitten a few times,but with gentle patience all have been sweet little hand tamed boys in the end.I did have one girl.
My latest is a boy called "PI".He'll be one year old in March.

He's adorable :wave: hi Kevin. So glad he was saved from a horrid home and given the chance to thrive in the loving forever home :)

Hello, little Kevin. Looks like you found your home in a million. :love:

I love hammies and gerbils, but five cats dictates that it's probably for the best that they live elsewhere. :lol:

Last edited:
Back